Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiya's Ford GPA
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 - 02:17 PM UTC
I recently picked up the above kit a club meeting and have subsequently purchased the Eduard PE set and some resin wheels from ???, should I pick up the Aber PE set as well or not? Are there any other AM kits for this kit that I am missing. I am kinda new (actually getting back into)doing vehicles as I am mostly a figure and arty guy, so I am not sure if I am missing anything here.

BTW, it's good to be back on the Big A

Matt Hauck (formerly battery)
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 - 04:05 PM UTC
Ahh, I love this old kit! It still builds up into a nice model. Good for a kid OOB or you can superdetail the snots out of it. All you really need is the Eduard set, and you can really dress it up with a rope bumper set from Thatchweave Productions. Throw some C-Ration boxes in the back and you're good to go!
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 - 05:29 PM UTC
Thanks for the Thatchweave suggestion, I didn't know about that one, I'll have to locate a stockist (US) or a website. Probably won't go for the C-Rations though since I am planning on kitting it out as a lend lease version in '45 somewhere on the Eastern Front. Forgot to mention that you are correct about the quality of the I first built one about 30 years ago and it went togwether in a snap
 _GOTOTOP