Hosted by Darren Baker
Revell`s New Lkw Wolf (1/35) In-Box Reveiw
squeeky1968
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 315 posts
Armorama: 232 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 09:34 PM UTC
Hi Guys (and Gals),just got this kit and i have to say that it does have its good and bad points.
On opening the box you`re presented with 4 sprues (three in olive green plus one clear) and a bag containing five vinyl tyres.
The bad points in my humble opinion are that the rear seats have their base moulded onto the baseplate,to me this does`nt help if you want to build a utility version and the price.On that score i know it`s a new moulding,but with an RRP of £13.99,i find this a bit steep for such a kit (i can`t help wondering if Tamiya would have done this the same for under £10.00 !!) .
The upside is that it looks a wonderfully simple kit to put together,with just enough detail to keep it interesting(although,no doubt aftermarket stuff to tweak it wil become available !).I personally love the moulded soft top and vinyl tyres,i know that countless horror stories abound about these tyres splitting or attacking paintwork but i`ve NEVER had this happen to me so i can`t comment.
The kit itself builds into two options - with or without the softtop on and four decal options,Two Bundeswehr,one Austrian and one for the Netherlands.
I`ve wanted one of these since i saw one on Tamiya`s box artwork for the Leopard 2A6 so as far as price is concerned it`s a case of put up or shut up but other than that i would recommend it and hope that Revell expand on this genre as most of the time light vehicles tend only to be in resin and VERY expensive.
Kitwise i give it 8/10,pricewise,only 6/10 !
Violetrock
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 831 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 02:45 AM UTC
The German MSRP is GBP 12. So the additional two pounds are what your distributor earns...
Removed by original poster on 05/26/08 - 14:09:15 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP