_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
PHOTOS: MODEL
E25 Diorama
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 03:02 AM UTC
Robert Liles displays his E25 from Trumpeter

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
thedoog
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 260 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2008 - 06:35 PM UTC
a nicely done panzer, Robert!
I think however that there are some things that hit me as being incongruous, and I point them out so that you might take these into consideration on your next dio.
The setting strikes me as probably Spring?--the ground is really muddy, and will remnants of snow still to be seen, (as in a Spring thaw), yet you have green, fully-leafed vegetation in the scene? It just doesn't strike me as appropriate to the setting?
Additionally, although it looks like a scene of warming temperatures, the gunner figure is portrayed absolutely just "buttoned-up against what looks like frigid cold--the big mittens, hood up, big furry hat, and even what looks like a hood or head scarf. Again, this strikes me as incongruous with the setting.
I hope you don't take it as a dismissal of your fine efforts here; I just think that compositionally it could be a stronger diorama if all the elements were a little more carefully planned.
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2008 - 09:24 PM UTC
Good effort, nice looking E-25. However, as Karl stated, the environment looks kind of "off" with contradictions. A few more pointers that caught my eye:

- The hits on the front look rather superficial. The sharply defined paint scorches around the hits look as if they are painted on or like they are decorative stickers.

- The "shadowing" on the panel lines is way too much. You can see a black line following every panel line, which kills any attempts at reality. If I were the builder, I would attempt playing around with color tones or attempt a preshade.

These are my humble opinions and of course since I'm not an authority, don't amount to a lot, just worth two cents
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2008 - 11:04 PM UTC
I fully agree with what Emre says about the hit marks, but other than that I really like the tank, the figures and the base. Nice job!

The only thing I really don't like is the model railway lichen vegetation which looks like ..... model railway lichen!

Lose that and replace it with better, wintery vegetation and the dio is a real winner!

Steve
desertfox42
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:31 AM UTC
Thanks to all who gave input. Very good and accurate points to be sure. And valuable advice that I can use in the future.
Best Regards, Robert Liles
 _GOTOTOP