Hosted by Darren Baker
bridge (sas 1944 diorama)
Robert110
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 349 posts
Armorama: 185 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2008 - 04:32 AM UTC
After few days of painting and modeling stones , bridge is starting to look like this.
Any advice ?

Cheers
Robert

rotATOR
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 223 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2008 - 05:06 PM UTC
various oil washes and then some more dry brushing with two ,maybe three ,different shades...neat bridge BTW
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2008 - 05:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

various oil washes and then some more dry brushing with two ,maybe three ,different shades...neat bridge BTW

Yep, all above and maybe some greens stppled on at the bottom in some areas for moss. It is a neat bridge btw! Do you have any construction pics?
Cheers for sharing!
Robert110
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2008 - 08:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yep, all above and maybe some greens stppled on at the bottom in some areas for moss. It is a neat bridge btw! Do you have any construction pics?
Cheers for sharing!

Hi , thanx for comments, here's two "in progress" pictures , base construction of bridge is made from cardboard paper and stones are made from modeling clay , then placed with white glue in position. Primed with grey car primer, and then painted with eberhardfaber granite paint. This paint has fine sand in it so gives rough surface after dried. Any tips on washes ? I'm not sure how to correctly do that, what color to use and with what to thin them and in what ratio.

Cheers

Robert110
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 04:31 AM UTC
With wife and kids out of homefor all day I manage to do some work with sas dio. Here's a rough plan to continue with: dried river under bridge, river banks with some trees and grass / shrubs.
Question is how to position a bridge: like on pictures, where on the other side of bridge is no banks (just border of diorama) or center the bridge and place trees on both sides of bridge (on all banks)
If first then I could cut of the base trough the line showing on first pics so dio base would be irregular (rhombus- diamond shaped). If second: dio base would remain square.

Opinions ?

Cheers
Robert

barbacanosa
Visit this Community
Baleares, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 296 posts
Armorama: 250 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 04:45 AM UTC
Very good job with the stones of the bridge.
I personally quedaria with the diamond-shaped, it would be more original

Domi
 _GOTOTOP