Hosted by Darren Baker
Gaso.Line 1/48 M1A2 (Resin Kit)
theduke2sg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 03:44 PM UTC
Hi all. I never thought I ever got into this but here it is. I got a little tired of WW II armour and decided to try my hands on something modern. This kit is mail ordered from Quarter Kit Shop and it is full resin. It burnt a large hole on my credit card.

Other than the large casting block, which requires a lot of sawing and sanding, the kit suffered a few detail descrepencies. The most obvious being the gun muzzle is moulded the wrong way, resulting the gun sight guilde pointing in the wrong direction. This was rectified, with the help of my friend Evil Tan, by sawing, redrilling and gluing it back the right way.

After all the toxic sanding, assembling, and spraying, it looked like that.

Wash is a bit diffcult as the surface is casted with rough to depicts anti skid. Therefore, when I do the pin point wash, the diluted paint has the tendancy to smudge outwards. However, with a little cleaning, the smudged pain actually looks a bit like dirt stains.

Here's what the model looks like after the wash.

Hope you guys will like it. I will post more photos when the model is done.

The Duke
--------------------
"Talk Less, Build More"

vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 04:36 PM UTC
wow, modern armor in quarter scale is definitely a rarity.

very well done too, though i'd like to see you put some dull-coat on the shiny tarps in the stowage bin.
theduke2sg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 04:39 PM UTC
I am sorry people. I forgot to put it in the title that it is a Work In Progress. My apologies.
UncaBret
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 767 posts
Armorama: 672 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 - 04:49 AM UTC
Looks good. I've never had the guts to try a resin kit, just a few accessories and figures.
theduke2sg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 10:02 PM UTC
Hi guys. I have done up some weathing and streaks. But I have a feeling that the streaks are too heavy. What do you guys think?

Shoot away please.
marsiascout
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,247 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 03:27 AM UTC
Looking really nice!

Lars
theduke2sg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 02:20 PM UTC
Hi guys, I have re-did the streaking and buff the model. After that, a filter of overall wash of Burnt Sienna is applied. The tracks are first washed with Tamiya Acrylic Buff, followed by drybrushing with oil paint black.

generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 11:29 AM UTC
Calvin

Your Abrams looks great How are the resin tracks to deal with? Easy? Hard? I have been holding off on buying a full resin kit that has tracks
theduke2sg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 01:22 PM UTC
Hi Chad, the tracks are moulded in 1 piece to the inner road wheel. All u need for assembly is to glue the whole piece to the lower hul. However, the tracks might be slightly deformed and needed you to bend it back with either hot water or a hair dryer.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 01:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Chad, the tracks are moulded in 1 piece to the inner road wheel. All u need for assembly is to glue the whole piece to the lower hul. However, the tracks might be slightly deformed and needed you to bend it back with either hot water or a hair dryer.

Thanks Calvin
theduke2sg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 03:04 PM UTC
Hi Chad. I forgot to tell you this. If you ever plank on working on this model, it is best if you spraythe lower hull ans mask it before assembling the upper hull. Otherwise, it will be quite tedious to spray whole thing as one. I also left the turret holder to the upper hull out as a turret secured to the upper hull makes it diffcult to work on the parts od the upper hull. Have to be very careful handling it though. Unless you want to work all 3 parts separately and assemble them at the last moment. Cheers.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 10:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Chad. I forgot to tell you this. If you ever plank on working on this model, it is best if you spraythe lower hull ans mask it before assembling the upper hull. Otherwise, it will be quite tedious to spray whole thing as one. I also left the turret holder to the upper hull out as a turret secured to the upper hull makes it diffcult to work on the parts od the upper hull. Have to be very careful handling it though. Unless you want to work all 3 parts separately and assemble them at the last moment. Cheers.

Calvin

Thank you for the tips
 _GOTOTOP