_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Russian GAZ-50
luftwaffelin
Visit this Community
Gansu, China / 简体
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 05:38 AM UTC
This is a built model of Russian GAZ-50 experimental wheeled IFV. Model from 1/35 DRAGON kits. Convert w/ full resin wheels and DIY kits. Metal detial parts updated. Very hard to find in after market.

liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 783 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 06:21 AM UTC
nice build and facelift on the GAZ. i like what you did on the windows,grilles and handles. it brings out the detail..finer. thanks for sharing.
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 10:18 PM UTC
Yu Lin,

Stunning model! Very well done, both the model and the photos!

Best regards from Vienna,

Andreas
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 12:54 AM UTC
Hi Yu Lin. Your additions have really added a lot of finesse to this vehicle. Great paint job and weathering. Looks a really cool vehicle.
Steve1479
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 164 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 02:07 AM UTC
Very nice build, however, I wouldof gone with resin wheels as on the last dragon BTR model I built, a month after it was finished, 4 of the tires cracked and fell off (the rubber), apparently this is prone to happen with older dragon rubber tires. BUT, other than that, beautiful build.
Samuca
Visit this Community
Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 58 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 04:36 AM UTC
S!
Nice build. Although a strange vehicle
luftwaffelin
Visit this Community
Gansu, China / 简体
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 08:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yu Lin,

Stunning model! Very well done, both the model and the photos!

Best regards from Vienna,

Andreas

Thanks the praise, hoped that has more exchange opportunity

YU LIN to express best wishes from the Chinese Lanzhou to you
luftwaffelin
Visit this Community
Gansu, China / 简体
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 09:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Yu Lin. Your additions have really added a lot of finesse to this vehicle. Great paint job and weathering. Looks a really cool vehicle.

Thanks the praise, this is second GAZ-50 which I do, first because of not all exists because of the material wrongly, hoped that this model can let you like
luftwaffelin
Visit this Community
Gansu, China / 简体
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 09:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

nice build and facelift on the GAZ. i like what you did on the windows,grilles and handles. it brings out the detail..finer. thanks for sharing.

Thanks your praise, hoped that very much exchanges
forrestyuan7
Visit this Community
Shanghai, China / 简体
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 05:40 AM UTC
Very nice!Very great transformation!
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 03:39 AM UTC
Couple of notes:

First, very nice work. It is a great prototype and a fun conversion. I have thought of doing one myself, or even a hypothetical BTR-80/BMP-2 turret version. You have done the DML kit a very good service.

Second, the turret needs to be relocated a bit. It is interfering with the drivers hatches. Also, I am not sure, but I think that the turret on the prototype may be from a BMD-1, not a BMP-1. There is not a lot of information on the GAZ-50, maybe someone can get better pictures from Kubinka on it?

Third, the DML tires only split if you do not use Acrylics. I have some DML wheels with rubber that have lasted over 15 years. The only difference is that I strictly used acrylics on the builds, no oils/no turpentine.
luftwaffelin
Visit this Community
Gansu, China / 简体
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 06:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Couple of notes:

First, very nice work. It is a great prototype and a fun conversion. I have thought of doing one myself, or even a hypothetical BTR-80/BMP-2 turret version. You have done the DML kit a very good service.

Second, the turret needs to be relocated a bit. It is interfering with the drivers hatches. Also, I am not sure, but I think that the turret on the prototype may be from a BMD-1, not a BMP-1. There is not a lot of information on the GAZ-50, maybe someone can get better pictures from Kubinka on it?

Third, the DML tires only split if you do not use Acrylics. I have some DML wheels with rubber that have lasted over 15 years. The only difference is that I strictly used acrylics on the builds, no oils/no turpentine.

Thanks your praise and the exchange, regarding yours question, I replies as follows:
I altogether have made two GAZ-50. The first mistake are many, you saw what is second in the manufacture,.
I had also discovered you said the turret and the access panel interfere mutually question, therefore, I start also to think that GAZ-50 uses is not the BMP-1 turret. But had afterward attained the BTR-70 quite detailed material, I only then discovered that original DML BTR-70 the data is wrong, I believed that also had the possibility is this data error has created the problem which the turret installed. Certainly, I also favor the BMD-1 turret's explanation which said in you, if has opportunity, my metropolitan examination trumpeter's BTR-70 and other factory's BMD-1 manufactures GAZ-50.
What I use is the acrylic ester, the old effect is with the sanding, the DML tire's situation I knew, but the resin tire had already used up, so long as uses DML the tire. the hope can obtain your advising frequently, very thanks .
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 04:30 AM UTC
Glad to help.

Yes, I know DML's BTR-70 is not correct either, so I still think you did a very good job.

Looking forward to your future work.
 _GOTOTOP