Hosted by Darren Baker
A43 Black Prince in progress
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 - 11:21 AM UTC
This is the Milicast kit in Resin, I've already started with a base coat and all items have been attached.

Comments welcome.

Ciao
Luciano
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 - 06:42 PM UTC
Hi Luciano,

Nice work so far. How did you find the kit to work with? Black Prince is an unusual vehicle.

Thanks for sharing.

AL
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 12:44 AM UTC
Thanks Alan.
The kit is now one of their 'Battlefield' range which means the mold has been simplified and most of the parts are molded on. I spoke to them at the Duxford show and found they do this from time to time, that is take a kit from their 'Premier' range and simplify it.

As far as I'm aware this is the only Black Prince aka Super Churchill available in 1/76 so I will settle with that. For being simplified the kit still has a lot of detail just that it's now molded on.

I have some of their Premier range and they are little works of art, only one finished so far and that is the Crusader ARV. I posted completed pictures for the Crusader over on the UK site Click here I'm building a base for it at the moment so the weathering will be done once I have the base done.

While at Duxford for the military vehicle show I purchased a few more from them Sherman crab, Universal carrier Mk II with 3" mortar (stowed).

As you can tell I do like their kits.

Ciao
Luciano
 _GOTOTOP