_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Masterbox:Their BMW M/C is Imminent
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:40 AM UTC
Masterbox Ltd's first Motorbike kit - MB3528 - German motorcycle, WWII (BMW R75) is shortly going to be released. Here are a series of images of the model (NOT CAD drawings) along with box-art and the instructions. The image-report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:52 AM UTC
Ola Jim

That R12 looks fantastic. I'm actually quite excited about this release. It was about time we finally got a new kit of these bikes. I really like the wheels and the fact that they are separate from the Fenders... not like the Tamiya bike. A lot of possibilities this way. Great job Masterbox. Very usefull. Certainly a kit of which several will find their way into my stash.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:55 AM UTC
Wow! Where do I place my order?

I for one have been looking forward to this release since first announced - in fact I already have figures picked out for a scenario I have in mind

Thanks Jim!!

Rudi
mciszewicz
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 10:04 PM UTC
OK... looks like I need to visit Jadar on monday and tell 'em to get me a copy of that as soon as it hits the shelves. Good German motorbike, just what I need.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 11:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I really like the wheels and the fact that they are separate from the Fenders... not like the Tamiya bike. A lot of possibilities this way.

Exactly .... will make upgrading to etched or even scratched-alternatives so much easier. Shouldnīt be a huge job to make thinner spokes from plastic or brass rod, with a simple template. Will definately upgrade my Italeri kit.
mciszewicz
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 07:52 AM UTC
OK. First, one of my sources claims the masters do not look like R75 at all. I have no photo reference on hand to check it, and will leave the subject to men better equipped.

Second, my pal in Jadar claims they'll be getting the bike in a few days. I'll try to get it ASAP and then, who knows, maybe I'll be faster than Jim in writing a review.

Oh, and by the way, or like John Cleese used to say, "now for something completely different", since I've been to Jadar today, I've snuck a glimpse at SKP Challenger. The box is huge. Will rummage through it on Friday. Now, sorry for that OT addition, carry on..

mciszewicz
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 - 09:22 AM UTC
Got it! Writing review right now. Unfortunately, my camera is off line (batteries need recharging), so no sprue pics 'till tomorrow, but I should get the rest done by then. Wish me luck.
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 - 11:05 AM UTC
Marcin,

We'd be happy to take the reveiew once you've got your battery issue resolved! Looking forward to the write-up.
tbarak
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 04:56 AM UTC
I recently purchased this item in the "Troops on the Move" version and what a disappointment. Good detail but flash on the parts betray either poor molds or older molding techology. The instructions are ambiguous and lack arrows to indicate where parts connect so be prepared to troll the web for build pictures to give yourself a fighting chance. The PE fret is a welcome upgrade to the styrene spokes which are for all intents and purposes useless given their outright unsightly appearance. Really annoying is the lack of part numbers on the fret so you're constantly having to flip through the instructions for the fret numbering.

The agony continues since the kit is almost devoid of any alignment aids which assist in connecting parts - compare how easily Tamiya kits build up with the many pin and hole or bracket slots which help when aligning and gluing parts. The two part side car and gas tank - which are split length-wise - build up with nasty seams which require lots of filling and sanding to fix.

I know it's customary to use the gentle euphemism of "recommended for advanced modellers" when criticizing kits but I'll be a bit more frank; this kit is seriously flawed and difficult to build. If you're looking to build the BMW R75 perhaps try the Tamiya kit, or if you can find and afford it, the Lion Roar kit. If you want to spend a lot of time and put your modelling skills to the test, try the Master Box one. Adding salt to the wound the Master Box kit isn't cheap to purchase either.

_GOTOTOP