Hosted by Darren Baker
M60 series tracks.
bergstiger
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 68 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 07:42 AM UTC
In several post about m60 kits that fact that few if get the tracks right is pointed out time and again. My question whitch of the after market makers does the best track for the M60 series. In my to build and or restorerack I have several M60s. As I work on theme I would like to try my hand at the link on link track assembly.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 10:45 AM UTC
In my opinion,the AFV club link to link A/M tracks are the best.You can get both chevron,and octagonal pad.My M-60A2 started life from Vilseck Germany with the chevron pattern.But around Labor Day 1977,we switched to the octagonal block.
If you know what era your M-60's are from,I would put Octogonal pad track on anything from ,say,mid 1970's era on.
If,you can adjust an axle at the back for the sprocket fore and aft,use that to tighten the slack out of the tracks.US track was live and never had droop.

Your results may vary.
bergstiger
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 68 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 12:43 PM UTC
I plan to do one like I worked with while I was in the 1st AD.That wasabout 75-76. At the time my unit was the 1/51 inf. My Company had a platoon of M60A1plus a section of vulcans cross attached. At this time the setting is one of alleies that are part of the terrainat both Graf &honefels.
 _GOTOTOP