_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Tank
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 05:42 PM UTC
Has anyone ever heard of a Russian company called Tank, which makes aftermarket accessories for armor kits? I was wondering where to find them. Due to the company's name it's pretty hard to find on the Internet.
dbudd
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 229 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 06:01 PM UTC
I have a a couple of their figures which are OK, but nothing spectacular. The link below is to a site that sells their stuff.

http://www.coloradominiatures.com/index.asp?PageAction=MFGSEARCH&ManfID=36&Page=1
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 06:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have a a couple of their figures which are OK, but nothing spectacular. The link below is to a site that sells their stuff.

Me too David, and I have to agree.

I'd read lots of rave reviews about them and some of the photos I'd seen of their figures made them look very good indeed.

So I bought a couple and was quite disappointed really - certainly for what they cost: Lots of flash and sinkhole issues to deal with, and the resin a bit on the brittle side.

Can't comment on their accessory sets though

- Steve
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 06:44 PM UTC
Tank is advertised on the right side of the Armorama home page, dont know anything about the products though, milvehfan
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Armorama: 777 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 06:55 PM UTC
2 years ago i have been buying some of their accessories -Moisin guns to replace the soft DML ones, sets of Anti-tank rifles and that Maxim machine gun of theirs.
I thought the guns were really very finely moulded, the anti tank rifles were a bit warped (the long tube), the Maxim got a bit of Flash -but let's be honest, nothing that a mildly experienced modeler can overcome in 2 mn. And the stuff looks really very good and quite an improvement over all the plastic equivalent.
However, I bought a set of model 1936 russian helmets and they were *false* from A to Z. better avoid those.

Quoted Text

I'd read lots of rave reviews about them and some of the photos I'd seen of their figures made them look very good indeed.

That's the point of a review innit? The reviewer receives the stuff, he writes glowing reviews because he hopes to get more
Honestly even with the good looking pictures, the figs don't exactly look like Hornet's or Alpine's
Yoni_Lev
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 07:51 PM UTC
Here is a clickable link for Colorado Miniatures. As David pointed out, they sell most of the Tank line.

I don't think Tank's figures are quite as good as they look online, but they're not bad. They certainly have some interesting stuff. I haven't had any sinkholes, major flash or other issues to deal with on the figures I've purchased, but I do agree with Steve in that the resin seems a bit brittle.

-YL
VolkerS
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 09:00 PM UTC
Hi,

I bought several figure sets of them and I don't think they're that bad. Pricey, ok. Resin a litlle brittle, too. Their first releases are a little on the 1/32 side than 1/35. I build their sets T-35001, T-35037, T-35038 and T-35040. I didn't found any sinkhole or bubbles, just a little flash here and there. The heads are more "full/round" instead of the tall ones from Alpine or Hornet. They maybe not as 'fine' as Alpine's offerings, but I like the subjects and poses much more since they are more unique. Unfortunatly I can't comment on their accessories.

You'll find their product range here: http://www.tank-model.ru/index.htm. I bought mine from AFV in england.

HTH

Volker
elph
Visit this Community
Seoul, Korea / 대한민국
KitMaker: 319 posts
Armorama: 266 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 01:43 AM UTC
I bought a replacement gun for my JS-3M from them. It was okay, but the resin was brittle and seemed more like plastic. It also had a waxy coating, so I found it hard to glue small pieces together, they kept coming apart. I think the prices of their figures are too pricey IMHO.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 05:55 AM UTC
I wonder if the Russian resin companies are changing how/what they sell.

I did a review of a Tank figure over a year ago here on Armorama and it was as good as I noted. I thought it was a stellar product even thought I also thought it a bit over priced. And I am a figure oriented builder as well, so I can guage the quality better than the average modeller.

The resin was NOT brittle, there were NO sinkholes, and the figure was rougly 1/35. (Remember that people come in all shapes and sizes, even in the military, so it can be tough to really say if someone is TOO big in 1/35 etc...) I really liked the product.

However, it sounds like things in Russia must be getter tough. If the resin is getting brittle, either htey are using a lower quality resin or else they are cutting it with more kerosene to stretch their supply out. Same with the sinkholes.

I have also heard that Miniarm quality is dropping and they are not putting the same level of product in the box, (resin Smoke Mortars instead of turned metal etc...)

I hope this is untrue or temporary because they have some really good products.
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 07:21 PM UTC
Two weeks ago I was in Brno, Czech Republic on a modelshow/contest. One vendor had the TANK range for sale. I took the chance to have a look at them and they seemed pretty okay to me, except the price of 25$ for a single figure.

Considering Miniarms quality-dropping:

The last stuff I recieved from them was not the same I get 1 or 2 years ago. Lot´s of bubbles and some sinkholes. Broken and missing parts are not unusual.

Just my 0.02€

Best regards,

Andreas
ryally
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 879 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:10 PM UTC
Hi

I brought about ten of the SS Panzergrenadiers figures and the King Tiger Tank Crew and the detail, poses and quality were great. I will buy more for sure.

Ryally
M18Hellcat
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 11:19 PM UTC
Look on the right side of this page... They have a listing for Tank. They make an excellent selection of weapons bith WWII and modern as well as an extensive selection of Soviet and German figures and I think the poses and detail are top notch.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2008 - 08:51 AM UTC
Pricey, but unique contributions.
 _GOTOTOP