_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
WW2 US Artillery figures?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2008 - 05:53 AM UTC
Does any one do a set of US WW2 Artillery figures? NOT a resin figure costing $10 each. More like a set by Dragon or Tamiya for $15 or so for 5 or so figures. Plan to do a dio of a LongTom unlimbered
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2008 - 06:24 AM UTC
Short answer Steve is No. A good place to star converting might be Masterbox's MP set and Dragon's Armored Infantry set
antoniop
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 351 posts
Armorama: 319 posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2008 - 07:08 AM UTC
I believe Hobby Fan makes a Long Tom Crew. I've seen it on a diorama featured in Steel Masters Magazine.
I'll try to find the link for you

Edit
Here it is

http://en.hobbyfan.com.tw/product/product_piclistP.asp?Page=8&ptype=P0002&stype=S0011&ttype=
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 2,012 posts
Armorama: 1,949 posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2008 - 07:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Short answer Steve is No. A good place to star converting might be Masterbox's MP set and Dragon's Armored Infantry set

Hey Steve,
Tamiya supplied some mortar crewmen that came with their M21 Mortar Carrier Half-Track kit and U.S. Gun & Mortar set.
You got a kneeling guy on a field radio, a standing guy loading a mortar round and another guy kneeling and covering his ears
Italeri supplied some similar figures with their M2/101 105mm Howitzer and Kangaroo APC kits.
Both sets of figures are very basic, kinda old and lacking in detail.
Like Pat said, you'll need to convert some figures if you want something more up to date.
Cheers

jjumbo
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2008 - 01:03 PM UTC
The hobby fan figures look pretty good. The big question now is....how many ere on the crew. If I only got one set from Lucky models, it is in my range. If I need both sets then it is a problem. Hopefully crew is like only 4 or 5 guys. I can fabricate /convert for some but maybe not all. I have the gun and mortar team set from Tamiya
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2008 - 03:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The hobby fan figures look pretty good. The big question now is....how many ere on the crew. If I only got one set from Lucky models, it is in my range. If I need both sets then it is a problem. Hopefully crew is like only 4 or 5 guys. I can fabricate /convert for some but maybe not all. I have the gun and mortar team set from Tamiya

A gun crew is more than 4 or 5 guys, but there is no reason they all need to be crowded around the gun--the "missing" men might well be moving up additional ammunition from the supply point for a sustained fire mission.
redleg12
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 872 posts
Armorama: 831 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 12:28 AM UTC
There would be more in the total crew, depending on the weapon. If it is 155mm or 8 inch and you are showing the gun/howitzer, the most you would need is 5. The gunner, asst gunner, #1 & #2 carrying ammo to load and the chief of the section.

The hobby fan set does that fairly well.

Rounds Complete!!
 _GOTOTOP