_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
SA-6 in progress (Trumpeter 1/35)
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 11:40 PM UTC
Greetings all,

Another addition to my Soviet collection is under way, Trumpeter's SA-6, "The Three Fingers of Death" (as Israeli pilots called them the legend goes) is what I currently have on my bench.

The build is in decalling stage now. I will apply the decals (only two Soviet banners, nothing fancy) and head for the Judas Priest concert

I used Tamiya greens for the overall green color, the missiles were painted with Humbrol No:30 and Tamiya matt white. After I apply a protective coat over the decals, the weathering will begin.

I will really appreciate further reference pics to work on minor details if you have those. Photos I could find over the net were either too blurry and fuzzy, or they showed derelict museum pieces that were painted over.
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 02:28 AM UTC
Hi Emre,

Good to see that the SA-6 is still on someone's bench! Not many modelers tackle this build. As fas as I can see you have a good base to start from. The photos are a bit dark but the paint job looks good to. Any special weathering plans?

For good reference you can go to Perth's site and then to the SA-6 review. There is a link provided to a czech site with a good walk-around. Somewhere in the On-display gallery is my build of this vehicle.

Good work sofar and keep it up!

Jurjen
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 03:41 AM UTC
Looks great, Emre. I have this kit in my stash and is constantly looking for an excuse to build it, but campaigns keep coming in the way

Hope you had a good concert
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 10:38 AM UTC
The photos are a bit dark since I took them in daylight The model stands in a cubicle lit by a flourescent, when I take photos at night the camera can adjust itself properly, but when daylight enters the room the camera thinks "Dude, there's too much light" and goes crazy stating that I'm overexposing the subject. This is what I get for believing Nikon about the surrounding light...

I had tackled this build some months ago when we had an "Anti-air Build" on a local modelling site. As usual, since I lack proper time and interest, it wasn't complete. Hopefully, I'll get it done in the next two weeks.

As for weathering, I'm still thinking about it. I don't want a heavily weathered vehicle, maybe some road dust?
 _GOTOTOP