Hosted by Darren Baker
bunker colour
rchristenson
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 47 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 04:12 PM UTC
doing a dio with a verlinden base with concrete bunker. what colour would the concrete be? i know that old concrete mellows to a tan colour, while new concrete is grey. Things like salt air over Omaha beach, european concrete formulas, not so surewhat this does to the appearance of concrete... Any ideas?? meanwhile i'll keep looking:-[ ]
gringe88
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 64 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 04:42 PM UTC
Ross, what particular kind of setting would the bunker be in? Given all of the variables you just mentioned, I'd suggest mixing up a few small colors, and going with what you like. unless you're trying to reproduce an actual scene I don't think it will make much difference. This is a bunker i did a little while back. Granted the lighting can affect the color, but I didn't try and pick out any specific gray to match it to.

rchristenson
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 47 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 05:05 PM UTC
i'm going for a late D-day, D +1 time frame. Ruined bunker with surrounding area blown all to hell. GI' s are inspecting the damage. I can find lots of modern Atlantik wall photos, but nothing contemporary that's in colour. I dig the way you've done the trench, by the way.
 _GOTOTOP