Hosted by Darren Baker
Universal Carrier WASP
theduke2sg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 04:08 PM UTC
Hi guys. This is my latest completed project. It is basically a Tamiya Universal Carrier with Gasoline Wasp conversion. Hope you'll like it.

Thanks for viewing. All comments are welcome.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 05:46 PM UTC
Hi Calvin,

Nice work on the conversion.

A little wear and tear on top of the tanks might be appropriate and some blackening around the muzzle of the flame thrower.

Good to see one of these being built. How was the conversion kit? Are those the Tamiya tracks?

Thanks for sharing.

Al
theduke2sg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 06:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Calvin,

Nice work on the conversion.

A little wear and tear on top of the tanks might be appropriate and some blackening around the muzzle of the flame thrower.

Good to see one of these being built. How was the conversion kit? Are those the Tamiya tracks?

Thanks for sharing.

Al

The tracks are from the conversion kit. It also available separately from Gasoline. A word of caution though. Use a saw to cut the casting block away. I used a sprue cutter and broke some of the track. It is also very fragile. So handle with care. The external suspension of the Tamiya kis is used too. Though it was never mentioned in the instruction.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2008 - 09:01 AM UTC
Hi Calvin,

Thanks for the info. I've been using the New Resicast tracks on my carriers, very flexible and for resin fairly easy to work with, they have been bringing out some neat conversion sets for the UC.

Might get to the WASP sometime next year, Again thanks for sharing.

Al

_GOTOTOP