_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
MY FIRST AFV
oniria
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 10:59 PM UTC
Hi all
Well this is my first try at painting AFVs. I usually just paint 20mm figures, and I thought it was about time I had a go at tanks.I tried to follow Brent Watterson's marvellous tutorial at the GWP forum as much as possible. The model is from Dragon. The tanker is a small conversion using T.Boustead sculpted figures (I don't really recall if they are TQD or Elhiem) I added the ear phones using Duro putty and a thin sheet of foil. The wire is simple sowing thread (It turned out a bit too thick, but I didn't find anything thinner around). The destroyed building is from TP models.
All improvent tips and corrections are very welcome. I personally think I overdone the weathering and some of the cammo patterns are not very well redendered. I think I didn't solve correctly the problem I had with the decasl. I solved the antenna problem using a used E string from one of my electric guitar. Anyway I'll try and do better next time...( I hope...)
All improvent tips and corrections are very welcome.
Thanks vor viewing

Saludetes

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2008 - 12:15 AM UTC
Very nice work Angel. Your photos are excellent as well. I can't build in that scale -my fingers are too big and my eyes too bad. Well done.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2008 - 12:47 AM UTC
I have to agree for my eye the weathering is a bit heavy. It's well done, just heavy, it makes the whole thing a bit 'soft'.

When you stop and realize the scale and realize that you'd normally be viewing it from about 3 feet away, you really have to think how nice this is.

Well done.
whittman181
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 646 posts
Armorama: 473 posts
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2008 - 02:59 AM UTC
I think it came out nice for a first AFV Bob
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2008 - 04:44 AM UTC
Well done, this is 20 mm scale!!

Congrats

Claude
KWSTAS
Visit this Community
Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 09:50 AM UTC
The groundwork needs more isolated items such as bricks , rocks , stones etc.It looks too uniformed.I like the weathering of the tiger.Braille scale is not helped by the digital photos.I tsuppose that in reality it looks much better.You shouldn't bother about building all these for you figure.Preiser has some kits with German tankers with all their ear phones and equipment on them.Keep up.
 _GOTOTOP