Hosted by Darren Baker
What methods do you use for Braille camo
MacsTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 02:59 AM UTC
I have a number of projects piling up that are NATO 3 color camo, all in 1/72 scale. My previous camo attempts have been pretty much hit or miss, though its been a number of years since I have built anything military. I have the Revell Faun SLT56 kit and a Dragon AAV that I'd like to camo. I've seen some really nice jobs on here. In the past, I tended to brush paint as this scale is very hard to mask well enough. But the feathering between colors was too sharp IMHO. I know that smaller scale lends itself to visual distance which makes feathering appear sharper.

So what techniques do you fellows prefer?
sparten
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 03:15 AM UTC
Hi Kent

I have used the Tamiya Nato spray colours for a couple of my small scale kits having no airbrush as yet. First spray the green then mask with blue/white tack then spray the black, mask again once dry and spray the brown. Remove the tack and touch up with a brush. To speed up the drying use a hair dryer but put it on cold or you will end up with a warrior that looked as if it had been hit by a maverick missle. lol Hope this helps .

Johnny
 _GOTOTOP