Panoramic backgrounds
trevor999
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:55 AM UTC
Hi all!

First I want to say I just found this site and I think it is the best scale modelling site on the 'net. Outstanding.

Does anyone know where on the internet I can purchase panoramic backdrop or background photos for dioramas?

Thanks for you help

jabo6
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 276 posts
Armorama: 152 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:01 PM UTC
hI and welcome, Michigan toy soldier has some great panoramic backgrounds designed for diorama builders . michtoy.com
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:13 PM UTC
Also, search the web for photos appropriate to you scene. You can print them and stand them behind youor dio.
dbudd
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 229 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:15 PM UTC
Do you have any knowledge of PC applications like photoshop and digital photography? The majority (actually I cannot think of any done with a backdrop) of backgrounds you see is done by "masking" a picture of a diorama onto a scenic photograph in photo editing software. The photo attached is one I did. You have an endless supply of backgrounds using masking technique.

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 02:48 PM UTC
If you want them for photos to post on the internet they are best done via photoshop as suggested.
If you want them as a physical backdrop in a display case then I would suggest searching RailRoad shops (internet and Local Hobby Shops LHS). They are the guys who do more of the physical version.
taylgr
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 127 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:00 PM UTC
Trevor

Use to be a british site Photojenic - I think they use to be called, haven't surfed in on their site for a couple of years, but they use to print these sorts of scenes out on large continuous rolls - mainly for railway modellers

Greg
 _GOTOTOP