_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
SPLASH whats the deal
Agent_Q
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 04:21 AM UTC
I'm all for sharing info. on modeling, but I've been keeping up on the SPLASH CAMPAIGN you had a start and end date. Then the ending date was extended, and now you are going to allow the ones who couldn't make the deadline to still enter? Does that mean they're in the competition or are they just there for the ribbon (which they don't deserve anyway)? Live by the RULES die by the RULES.Really,just isn't fair.I know I'm going against the "good ole boys"but nothing will kill a competition like changing the rules.

Agent_Q
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 04:53 AM UTC
Agent_Q, lighten up, rules are to be broken #:-)

Quoted Text

Does that mean they're in the competition or are they just there for the ribbon (which they don't deserve anyway)?

I think you are a little harsh, first off it is the owner of the campaign who has the last say in whether or not a participant disserves a ribbon, second, I feel that everyone disserves one if the really tried on the campaign. Of course there is a chance that there is a ribbon hunter playing along, just like there are rank hunters, can not be avoided, but rest assure, those people are known and are not worth the hassle.

Everyone who started out on this campaign was eager to build and to finish

Quoted Text

I've been keeping up on the SPLASH CAMPAIGN

If that is the case than you should be aware that there is more to life then modeling (sadly enough ) and work or personal environment are demanding on everybody, and this is a consensus among this participants.

That is also why there is a discussion about limiting the amounts of campaigns, but that is an other topic.

What I just want to say is this, it is all about fun and sharing and even if you don't complete the work you can still share and learn!

BTW Welcome to the club
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 04:58 AM UTC

Troll?

Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 05:12 AM UTC
Agent Q,

If you really read the info on Splash well, you would have know that this is not a competition. If you took a little more time you would by now have found out the real reason for having these Campaigns....... Wanna know what it is ? Just read the posts again ........ Not interested in the real reason ? Then just stop responding to things that are of higher quality than yourself !

As for you.....if this is the way you enter a community with your no1 post....well good luck...... We have over 2000 Good (and some "ole") Boys and Girls over here....... they entered this friendly community a bit more friendly than you just did.......

Greetings !!

Danny "Good Ole Eagle Boy"
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 05:17 AM UTC
Come on guys. Agent Q is trolling for a flamewar. Don't give 'em the satisfaction... :-)
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 05:30 AM UTC
Sometimes when one enters a new site for the first time, it is very useful to keep one's mouth shut and one's eyes open. I have only been a member for a few weeks but my experience has been entirely positive. "The good 'ole boys" referred to just happen to be people who have posted more and for longer on this site. I have seen no sign whatsoever of an elite clique in armorama in fact the opposite is true, everyone (should they accept the responsibility) has the chance to take part. And perhaps Agent Q, your first post would have better served as an introduction, not as the beginnings of a rather juvenile brush-war....Jim
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 05:44 AM UTC
Aha, always people like that.... if I am posting my first post anywhere, I would like you know be less critical.... LMAO...

Don't take it too seriously guys.... Keenan is right...

Got me scared a bit whilst scrolling down and all the sudden see the troll....LOL.... (++) (++) (++)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 05:46 AM UTC
Hmm...this is why they are called "campaigns" and not contests. Me thinks there were a few military campaigns that didn't start and stop on the exact dates the military planners had in mind.

:-)

Welcome aboard Agent_Q!

Jim
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 805 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 06:22 AM UTC
Jim, check this guys IP against the entrants of the campaign. I'm betting it's a disgrunteld regular with a second screen name.

1st post and just joined today, it looks to me like somebody is obviously too much of a wuss to step forward and be heard. Maybe he should be outed so we can know who it is?
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 06:32 AM UTC
Hmmm, Twisted, ya know I was thinking the very same thing. I remember back in my base visitor days I didn't even know what rank was, let alone a campaign... Hence, my troll posts above...

"Good Ol Boy" Keenan
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 08:04 AM UTC
Looks like I'm gonna have to take out my can of TROLL-B-GONE (tm) here, too. I hate when that happens. It works so well, but trolls always leave such an oily residue and it takes so long to get that spring fresh scent back. #:-)
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 10:01 AM UTC
Peeps, agent q, has listed within his profile: occupation: trouble maker curious methinks.... (++)
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 10:23 AM UTC
Well, jeeze, get off his back then, would ya. Obviously, he's just doing his job

Nic
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 12:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, jeeze, get off his back then, would ya. Obviously, he's just doing his job

Kind of hard to argue with logic like that.
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 01:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks like I'm gonna have to take out my can of TROLL-B-GONE (tm) here, too. I hate when that happens. It works so well, but trolls always leave such an oily residue and it takes so long to get that spring fresh scent back. #:-)

methinx oxy clean will get that bad resedue off.........or possibly a swiffer.........possibly.... (++)
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 01:23 PM UTC
I love these intentional inflamation type posts, I do them all the time, such fun #:-)
Lets all rag on Agent Q, it may be fun

Andrew

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 11:31 PM UTC
How about some, virtual voodoo Oberst? Failing that, can someone give me a european importer of Troll Be Gone.... Jim
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 12:51 AM UTC
A smart agent Q wouldn't walk into the trap of using the same IP address (PC)...

But he's right. Rules are rules. I was too late. Sorry that I dishonored this website by sending my entry past the time limit. I therefore humbly consider to stop posting here. Two more posts and I get four stars. Gee. i wouldn't like that to get to my head. Time to contemplate what to do with the rest of my miserable life... sigh... !
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 02:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A smart agent Q wouldn't walk into the trap of using the same IP address (PC)...

I believe you are giving our Agent Q too much credit.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 02:42 AM UTC

Tim, even my wife doesn't always know when I'm serious, cynical or just making fun. But you're right. "I" is probably not his first name. (IQ...)
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 12:42 PM UTC
sounds time for a good ol hazing.....................dirty trolls and thier dirty evil skanky bad harsh mean cruel disgruntled annoying posts ARG!

Good (Young) boy out (++)
 _GOTOTOP