_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
what the heck
panzerschrek
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 12:42 AM UTC
whoever worx here should speed up the joining process because it took a week just to get my password
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 01:26 AM UTC
Josh,
Jim was moving the site to a new server this past week. It most likely occupied his time that he normally would have spent doing the regular upkeep of the site like password issue. He runs this site for fun and has a real job to pay his bills.

The cost of running this site comes from his own pocket, some sponsors and donations from users like you and me. Some of us assist him by monitoring various forums or maintaining certain areas like the gallery. No one makes any money off the site except for sponsors who may have some e-business sent their way from users like you and me when we click on their ads and buy stuff.

None of us gets paid for what we do. We enjoy helping out the modeling community.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 03:08 AM UTC
Josh,
I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean that you signed up and the password didn't arrive for a week? You joined on the 9th and made your first post on the 14th, so I would assume this was the case.

If so perhaps you might want to look in another direction for a reason you did not get your email.... AOL. My mail server sends out the email the instant you join, not 5 days later. If there is a delay it's from the mail gateway of your ISP. Which in your case would be AOL.

Jim
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 03:19 AM UTC
Problems with AOL's mail sever? No, that would never happen... When I lost my password and sent the request in to have it emailed I received it minutes later.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 06:45 AM UTC
Friends,

whatever the reason, let us please watch our language a bit. Wo don't want to give a bad example to the younger population of this site.

Topic Titles as "what the h***" should be avoided in my opinion.

Danny
JPeiper
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 317 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 06:57 AM UTC
That''s not so bad, really...

I put in my request for pw to Track Link about 6 months ago and I am still waiting...
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 679 posts
Armorama: 409 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 09:29 AM UTC
In all fairness, i only discovered this site about a week or so ago and i received my pass word in minutes and i haven't looked back since so to all thats concerned with running this site. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Martin
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 10:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Friends,

whatever the reason, let us please watch our language a bit. Wo don't want to give a bad example to the younger population of this site.

Topic Titles as "what the h***" should be avoided in my opinion.

Danny

Agreed, but check his introduction post. He's just a 13 year old kid. Although if my 13 year old used language like that, I would step in to correct him.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 11:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

[ He's just a 13 year old kid. Although if my 13 year old used language like that, I would step in to correct him.

A 13 year old who needs to learn some manners and how to spell correctly, if you read all his posts.
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 12:05 PM UTC
uh-oh...............another person I've showed this site has gone wrong...............did pm him tho on chosing his words wisely
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 01:26 PM UTC
I believe we have established the fact that he is 13 and needs to watch the language. I've already sent him a PM for a post he made in the aircraft forum and think we have berated him in public enough and recommend we drop the topic and consider it closed.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 11:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I believe we have established the fact that he is 13 and needs to watch the language. I've already sent him a PM for a post he made in the aircraft forum and think we have berated him in public enough and recommend we drop the topic and consider it closed

I fully agree
 _GOTOTOP