_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Eastern Express BMD-2 in progress
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 06:24 AM UTC
This is Eastern Express BMD-2 kit in 1/35 scale. I used Eduard's PE set, Masterclub BMD tracks and a Modelpoint 30MM chaingun and Russian antenna pot with it. The kit leaves alot to be desired in some ares, especially the fit of the upper hull to the lower hull and filler had to be added to the areas where the MG ports on the hull...I had to super glue the two together since the upper hull was warped so bad. Overall the kit was ok, with the fine detailing lacking say vs a Tamiya or Dragon kit.

The weldlines are .10 rod with an engraving tool to make welds. They are a bit overdone, but I bought the engraving tool a while ago and haven't used yet so I wanted to try it out. The tarp on the turret is made of some epoxy sculpt or similar item, temporarily placed on the turret. I also used two part epoxy putty to rebuild the bulge on the turret since it didn't seem like it was shaped properly vs photos I have.

I'm planning on finishing the model in tri-color camo as seen in the Current Operations in Georgia. It will be done with NATO Green, Black and Desert Sand from the Tamiya range of paints.

I just need to add some PE tie downs and put the tools on the hull and she'll be ready for paint.

" BORDER="0">

" BORDER="0">

" BORDER="0">

" BORDER="0">

" BORDER="0">

" BORDER="0">
 _GOTOTOP