_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Who was making a Slick 60?
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 04:17 AM UTC
I seem to recall someone was making the various M60 tanks and they were working on an M60 A-nothing. Was it you Lance?

Any way, I just picked up the Chesapeke Models M60 turret and will mate it to an Esci M60 Blazer kit I won on Ebay. Just wondering who was working on one and what problems to look forward to.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 09:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I seem to recall someone was making the various M60 tanks and they were working on an M60 A-nothing. Was it you Lance?

Any way, I just picked up the Chesapeke Models M60 turret and will mate it to an Esci M60 Blazer kit I won on Ebay. Just wondering who was working on one and what problems to look forward to.

I'm working on a M60 - probably wuz me

I don't (and haven't been able to get) the Chesapeake Model M60 Turret. I have the AEF Designs one. Won't comment further on the quality of this one...

All my problems have been whether or not to get a Chesapeake Models item or to scratch my own conversion of a M48 Turret. Nothing remarkably difficult about modeling the hull thus far. I'm using an ESCI hull for my project.

Gunnie
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 268 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 11:48 AM UTC
Yeah... I have the AEF turret... I am also doing an M48 slick... I have not moved beyond the looking at stage on the M60 slick, but the turret looks pretty nice, though nothing could match the great molding and casing on the Chesapeake M48 turret!!
Sabot
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 02:39 PM UTC
I won the CMD turret for under $15 including postage on Ebay. The builder's kit Esci M60 Blazer is also inbound, hull was untouched, turret had some work done. I've got a spare set of the AFV Club chevron tracks as well. I was just wondering what else I may need for this project. I see that the CMD turret comes with a resin main gun, I may have to replace it with a Barrel Depot aluminum one if it is not good.

Just curious, but how much different/alike is the M60 and M48 turrets? I have no time with the Slick 60 and my time on an M48A5 was basically limited to a long summer. They look different enough in the Squadron in action book photos.
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 07:47 PM UTC
Hi Sabot if your foing to mate it with the blazer check out my folder on the IDF armour group on MSN as I'm building the Magach 6M with D9 dozer blade. you can find all the links on my site and walk around pics on my webshots page. As well as some in action scans from various books on the M60a0/Magach 6 .

Josh Weingarten Aka shiryon
www.homestead.com/shiryon/index.html
Sabot
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 02:19 PM UTC
Josh, thanks for the link. I am mating it to the Blazer hull, but without the blazer armor it is just an M60A1 hull. It was the cheapest quality hull I found for the conversion. May have to put the T-62A on hold. The Slick 60 looks much easier. Not much back dating to make the Esci M60A1 hull into an M60 hull Looks doable to me.
 _GOTOTOP