Hosted by Darren Baker
Opel Omnibus *WIP*
ToMuchGlue
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 - 09:07 AM UTC
Here is the latest project I have started (while still finishing my Opel workshop).

I got the kit (Ironside Opel Omnibus) from ebay (plus various PE kits) and started it about a week ago (only a few hours put into it so far). The first thing that struk me (having never had a Ironside/Azimut kit before) was the thickness of the plactic. The second thing was the fit (horrible). The kit was already started by the time I got ahold of it (the rear and left side panel plus drivers door was already glued to the floor). These were not fit as well as I would have liked but I was not going to try to rip it apart.

So far I have added the front panel/dashboard, the forward side panel and am working on detailing the interior. My plan is to make this a DAK radio command waggon (generaly following this build:
http://home.arcor.de/rik.hartl/Modellbau/Militaer/Militaer12.htm).

I have the Verlinden Radio truck interior and the Edward Opel Blitz Radio truck PE set, plus just the Opel Blitz PE set for the type S truck.

Here are a few of the photos of the start.

All comments welcome.

Thanks,

Kevin
whittman181
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 646 posts
Armorama: 473 posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 - 12:55 PM UTC
Coming along nicely , like the PE also. It's nice to have an MG 34 handy if one needs it Looking forward to your progress , good luck Bob
 _GOTOTOP