_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Photos of Trumpeter's M1131
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 12:07 AM UTC
Once again, more images of one Trumpeter's future releases. This time it''s another Stryker - the M1131 in 1/35th scale. The Photo-Update, can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Warning
KitMaker: 107 posts
Armorama: 76 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 12:58 AM UTC
How many variations is that now?

I assume it's like Pokamon (they gotta catch 'em all) but did nobody let Trumpeter in on the secrets of slat armour?

Tankleader
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 718 posts
Armorama: 684 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 01:18 AM UTC
Hey,
If they want those secrets all they have todo is talk with the Russians like we did.....They had in way back when in their last foray into Chechneya.

Tanks
Andy
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 01:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey,
If they want those secrets all they have todo is talk with the Russians like we did.....They had in way back when in their last foray into Chechneya.

Tanks
Andy

Nothing new. The US had slat armor on vehicles and riverine craft in Vietnam.

The Soviets used modified bed springs on T-34s in WWII as well. Basically the same principle. So maybe they did think it up.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 02:41 AM UTC
Another nice addition to the collection!

But strange.. the jerrycans on the left side have 3 handles in the boxart, like Gino said in another post... but the ones on the left side of the kit have 2 handles.

How do they make these kind of mistakes?

But... another kit to save for!

Hisham
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 02:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How many variations is that now?

I assume it's like Pokamon (they gotta catch 'em all)

At lease there can only be 10. After that I'm doing my own anti-air version. Never could understand why this was omitted....
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 04:51 AM UTC
Everything I have read states the only way to mimic slat armour is to use PE, so I suspect to keep the price down it has not been included as it only needs to be attached in war zones. This also lets the builder decide if they want the slat armour and whose offering they use.
rcnpthfndr
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 284 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 01:11 PM UTC
where did they get the LRAS crane from, i have seen both versions of the crane and will be in the motorpool tomorrow morning. i have never seen it ever, i will show GDLS this in the morning and ask if they have seen it.

ETA: we never used the cranes even the second version, because it didnt reach over the slat.
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 02:12 PM UTC
Well, here is a photo I took in 2006 of an RV. Note the lower mounting part of the crane, which the Trumpeter RV kit depicts. But they went with the 2nd generation crane for the above FSV.

Here is a new FSV being delivered to 5/2 in 2007 - note the black "cup" for mounting the crane.

A new RV LRAS yoke taken on the same day. Black cup to the right.

A crane photo taken in 2007 of a new Stryker. Note the black mounting point. So, I think the bottom of the above Trumpeter FSV crane will need, say, some paper card wrapped around the base and painted black to depict the mounting cup correctly.

I just bought the Trumpeter RV today. It sure is filled with lots of stuff. I still don't think they sharpened the detail on lots of things, but they did fix a few. The #@&*# DVE is still in the wrong position even though they fixed the strut guards. Tow bar, neat driver rain shield, MG240B mount too.

Bob
rcnpthfndr
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 284 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 02:21 PM UTC
thats bad ass, i will crawl on a RV tomorrow and take a peak. since its lay out and inventory day. learn something new everyday.

ETA: we got the new mounting cups in 04/05, but had the 1st gen crane, the 56th has that mounting cup but i think they have the 2d gen crane on the RV's.
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 02:35 PM UTC
Yes, it seems Trumpeter went with the first crane on the RV kit, and then went with the new crane on the FSV kit. Each offering has something a bit different than the other, and they don't seem to provide "extras/doubles" in the follow on kit. I suppose it is part of marketing to get you to buy more kits. For instance, the "new" choice that seems to come with the MEDEVAC version is the MILES gear.

Go Nittany Lions!!
Ric_Cody
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 299 posts
Armorama: 294 posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2008 - 12:11 PM UTC
will this new version come with the LDM that mounts on top of the FS3? I figure it would help round out the kit. I have pics of it in my photos

Ric
nitrocomplex
Visit this Community
APO, United States
KitMaker: 349 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2008 - 03:36 PM UTC
So outside of the crane how does this stryker differ from the M1127 i'm building my kit right now and looking at this one trying to figure this out? If the crane is the only difference that won't be enough for me to buy this kit.
iamsu7
Vendor
TRUMPETER
Visit this Community
Anhui, China / 简体
KitMaker: 354 posts
Armorama: 339 posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2008 - 04:50 PM UTC
M1127 RV:

M1131 FSV:

nitrocomplex
Visit this Community
APO, United States
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2008 - 05:28 PM UTC
So it's the crane....and the LRAS yoke right? thats all?
iamsu7
Vendor
TRUMPETER
Visit this Community
Anhui, China / 简体
KitMaker: 354 posts
Armorama: 339 posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2008 - 05:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

All...........................
Ric_Cody
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2008 - 09:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Also if you notice there is a box between the weapon system and the FS3 (LRAS3) that is the INS.

The FS3 (Fire Support Sensor System) is the Fire Support version of the LRAS3. Looks the same, operates somewhat the same, just has some diffrent software that allows the crew to Laser Designate targets for laser guided weapons. But the Laser Designating Module (LDM) is not mounted in any of these pics.

Ric
nitrocomplex
Visit this Community
APO, United States
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2008 - 09:58 PM UTC
Once again Ric you came through with the intel to help. Thanks sir.
Ric_Cody
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 10:54 AM UTC
and of course I just noticed that this particular variant is way off course. I know for a fact that no M1131 w/FS3 has been issued with 8 step rings or the DVE mounted in front of the driver. So my question to Trumpeter, which I am sure they read these, when are you guys going to start producing a proper model of the STRYKER series??

Ric
nitrocomplex
Visit this Community
APO, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 01:54 PM UTC
My question for trump is "will you do a new hemtt kit?"
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 08:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

and of course I just noticed that this particular variant is way off course. I know for a fact that no M1131 w/FS3 has been issued with 8 step rings or the DVE mounted in front of the driver. So my question to Trumpeter, which I am sure they read these, when are you guys going to start producing a proper model of the STRYKER series??

Ric

I'd hardly call it "way off"! You don't have to attach all the step rings. Whats "normal"? Front left only?
The DVE seems to be a persistent problem alright: but not a showstopper for someone with even basic skills.
I'm just glad someone has committed to doing the entire range along with all their other modern range at a price I (and lots of others) can afford....

Keep it up trump.... but do move the DVE please!
Ric_Cody
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 03:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ric

Oh yeah, and I forgot about the LDM (laser designating module) that mounts on top of the FS3. Wondering if it made it into the kit???
 _GOTOTOP