Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Big Cats Campaign
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,096 posts
Armorama: 1,983 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 12:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The PE is the lion roar set pual

scott, I like the photo etch set. To bad mine is ootb. Mine will be wimpy compared to yours. Keep up the good work.

Thanks mikey .
i have the legends conversion to do for it aswell eck.
GnrSebs2414
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 12:15 AM UTC

Heres my leopard 2A6
GnrSebs2414
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 12:20 AM UTC

Here are the rest of my Leopard 2 A6 it's an OOB build.
Next Photos will be here soon.
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 12:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Heres my leopard 2A6

Nice start Gareth keep it up.
gamodelmaker
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 186 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 05:46 AM UTC
great looking leopard build thier gareth and hows the fit so far on it., i have that for this gb and i was wondering is thier a metal barrel out thier for this kit. its a tamiya by the way.
tuff13
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 104 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 06:28 AM UTC
Gareth,what a Beast of a tank,I really like whatcha gottin done! Jesper, WoW I like the colors you choosed and the pattern looks good.Jesper,one thing about our Coelian's we can paint them how ever we like,since they never made it to production.
Toxotis
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 50 posts
Armorama: 32 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 10:21 AM UTC
Hello my friends
There are many differences between original "HEL" and Trumpeter's kit So I must resolve all these problems with Evergreen plasticards or/and by sanding;
First I must change the turret's horizontal armor because it's totally different Then I oversize turret's back box adding plastic foils and sanding some details to look like "HEL"'s boxes. I am sure that it needs one more foil to be closer each other Finally I must add a plate of plasticard at the turret's "roof" to make the up-armor detail (marked by a black pencil)
So here's my "HEL" until now...

original turret --->

and my kit's turret --->

mikey
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 229 posts
Armorama: 227 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 10:20 PM UTC
Question to all? Would it be to hokie if I made my leopard with tiger stripes? Something different. I have been toying with the idea of painting my Leopard 2a6 with a desert sand color with some sort of stripes/dots. Kind of a "what if" scenario. The camoflage that the Germans used in WWII was something and that is where I got the idea from. Let me know your thoughts on this.
mikey
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 10:21 PM UTC
Jesper, that flakpanzer is just cool!!
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 11:25 PM UTC
A bit more bench time lately and the Panther A Early has a fully zimerited hull (Royal PE) which fit like a dream except for the mantlet and especially the sloping outer faces. Even the tiny bit over the mg flap fit and snugged down well.
Unfortunately the old Royal PE set grills are too small for the DML kit...

I've got a premuin A in the stash and the Uber Aber set, so I'll probably rob them from the DML permuin late A

pics to follow.

Mike
modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
Armorama: 269 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 03:45 AM UTC
Here's a photo of my first entry. Sorry I've been remiss in posting update/build photos but I've been busy It's Academy's M18 hellcat with Eduard pe. Really a toy like kit, I'm a bit sorry I bought it! Not that it's so bad it just doesn't stand up to the rest of my armor collection. I also have in my stash Dragon's Panther A late and Puma, a Tamiya King Tiger, a hasegawa 1/32 F-5E Tiger II and Trumpeter's 1/32 F-4f Wildcat so a second build at least is a good possibility.
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 04:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Question to all? Would it be to hokie if I made my leopard with tiger stripes? Something different. I have been toying with the idea of painting my Leopard 2a6 with a desert sand color with some sort of stripes/dots. Kind of a "what if" scenario. The camoflage that the Germans used in WWII was something and that is where I got the idea from. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Danish Leopards have a desert camo scheme for Afghanistan:
http://www.danskpanser.dk/Baeltekoretojer/Leopard2A5.htm

Paul
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 08:49 AM UTC
Hay guys forgot to put this up before.

I build this up while i was waiting for the legends 2A6NL set to meterilize. its a bralie scale 2A4 with PE it will be done in standard NATO 3 tone camo.

Photobucket

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 06:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Is it still too late to join?

If not I have a question,

I started my first soon to be finished tank (yes my first tank) 1/48 early tiger 1 back in July, but I work at hermit crab speed, and now with school I haven't had time to finish it.... it's been like 5 months -.-

Is it alright if I enter this big cat into this campaign?

Thanks.

Hi

You can surely join this campaign. However, normally you are not allowed to start building your tank before the campaign starts. Depending on how much you have build before the campaign, the campaign leader might might still allow your 1/48 Tiger I as an entry. Especially if you keep us updated on the rest of your build
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 06:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You could make the multi coloured Danish Leo shown in the previously posted link. That could look nice. It was never sent to Afghanistan like that. They another camouflage with special "foil" on the sides. This foil does not only work as camouflage, but also reflects heat and minimizes the temperature in the tank.
It would definitely be a challenge to make the foil, but it would look stunning when finished.

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 06:59 AM UTC
Here is an update on my build. The basic camouflage is now on. i am quite satisfied with the result. next is the decals and detail painting.

More to follow...

Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 07:18 AM UTC
Wow the "Big Cats" are starting to purr,nice work everybody,still got some time before I start my Panther-D

Jesper,Gareth,and Mike.....nice subjects not your common Tigers or Panthers,looking foward to the outcomes.

Mike....nice Hellcat,you have some ambitious plans for this build.

Has the award ribbon been designed yet ?? Icant see it on the campaign start page
mikey
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 01:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You could make the multi coloured Danish Leo shown in the previously posted link. That could look nice. It was never sent to Afghanistan like that. They another camouflage with special "foil" on the sides. This foil does not only work as camouflage, but also reflects heat and minimizes the temperature in the tank.
It would definitely be a challenge to make the foil, but it would look stunning when finished.

Jesper, I have seen those pics before, it would be a challenge. I am thinking of a scheme of a lite tan with a darker shade added as well. Plus alot of camo nets draped around it. TIme for me to post some pics with ideas for comments and feedback. Hey, what is a pin wash?
ppawlak1
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,973 posts
Armorama: 1,843 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 03:57 PM UTC
A few shots of my Tamiya Leopard 2A5. (German 2A5 in Kosovo 1999)

Just shots of the coated vision blocks / periscope etc ATM still lots of kit parts and PE to put on the beast:

The blocks change color from reds, to greens to yellow as you change the angle. Almost just like the real thing.

Cheers

Paul
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 10:54 PM UTC
Hay paul what did you use for the optics??
ppawlak1
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,973 posts
Armorama: 1,843 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 11:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Scotty !!

Check out this thread:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/128392&page=1

I've got a picture of the materials I used, plus a little description. I also used "Pledge" floor polish which the best match for Future in Oz

Cheers

Yell out if you have more questions !

Paul
tuff13
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 11:27 PM UTC
Jesper,I like your camo scheme,With the chose of color's and the pattern it looks good.Man it 's turning out good.Paul,man what a Cat! I like the detail your putting into your build,way to go!
tuff13
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 - 11:40 PM UTC
Well,had a good window of opportunity Monday, temp.70'and about a hour and ahalf left of sunshine..So I get off work at 4:00 normal work day.So the bell rings and off we go hauling butt home,Thoughts going threw the head on the way home, grab this grab that, this color that color,tape,one color?,camo? So threw the frnt door grab the air brush out the back door,fire the compresor up,Run back in get the Coelian,Thnk about lght tan,lght green,oh will grab ahand full paint,and off we go...Needless to say the sun lasted just enough till mother nature flick the swith right when I was cleaning the airbrush..So here's what we got done,its a rush paint job,concedering I have to paint outside.Thought about painting on top of the Wife smooth top stove and turning on the vent hoood on high to suck out the fumes..But I like living indoors,being Married,sleeping together!

GibsonSG
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 183 posts
Armorama: 180 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 12:11 AM UTC
Count me in with a Porsche Jagdtiger.
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 02:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Scotty !!

Check out this thread:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/128392&page=1

I've got a picture of the materials I used, plus a little description. I also used "Pledge" floor polish which the best match for Future in Oz

Cheers

Yell out if you have more questions !

Paul

Yeah found the therad after i posted that DOH