Hosted by Darren Baker
Supply truck cover..
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2003 - 12:06 PM UTC
Is there a way to make your own tarp canvas for the back of a supply truck? I need to make my own because the vehicle is going to be tipped over, and I want to have it look like its cargo (fuel drums) fell over and tore through the canvas. Any ideas on this, I was thinking tissue paper with the water&glue mix and some brass wire but I dono if the tissue paper will be good enough, maybee it will.

any ideas?

thanks,
Mike
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2003 - 12:10 PM UTC
That sounds like the best way to go.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2003 - 02:50 PM UTC
Mike is this for the ambush dio? If it is you might want the truck to be without a tarp on. Most convoys trucks in Nam were uncovered to speed up the loading and unloading of the cargo. You stated that the truck will carry fuel drums. I cannot remember any trucks that carried drums to be covered. It would be a bear to load and unload heavy fuel drums. The only trucks that were covered were the ones that carried items that needed to be kept as dry as possible. If you use a solution of watered down white glue and paint it on tissue paper it will work for sure.
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2003 - 03:02 PM UTC
Yes, it is for the ambush dio. Since the trucks were uncovered that will make it that much easier. Now should I put the frame on it that would hold the tarp up or just leave it off. I'd have to scratchbuild it.

Thanks,
Mike

P.S. Dave, thanks for the input on the M151 jeep stuf as well.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2003 - 03:58 PM UTC
I'd leave them off. I e-mailed you some info about your Mafia GT. Post some photos on the rivet fourm. Would love to see the progress.
 _GOTOTOP