_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Q? re: AFV Club M102 howitzer
shaun68
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 46 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Friday, October 03, 2008 - 12:00 AM UTC
Guys

Can someone please tell me how many springs come in said kit? I have 2 but I'm inclined to think there were an extra 2 which have become hostages of the infamous carpet monster, which BTW may or may not be working in tandem with the under-couch monster as well.

Thanks in advance
trahe
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,158 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Friday, October 03, 2008 - 12:20 AM UTC
It's been a while since I built mine, but believe the answer is four. Are you building a diorama? I made mine as a sling load under a UH-60.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, October 03, 2008 - 01:30 AM UTC
Yes, it came w/4 springs. You can't use all 4 though, not sure why it has them. All you need are 2. Depending on what elevation you put the gun at, you may have to stretch the springs out to make them fit, or compress them.

Good luck.
redleg12
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 872 posts
Armorama: 831 posts
Posted: Friday, October 03, 2008 - 03:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, it came w/4 springs. You can't use all 4 though, not sure why it has them. All you need are 2. Depending on what elevation you put the gun at, you may have to stretch the springs out to make them fit, or compress them.

Good luck.

Gino is correct.

If you are not going to elevate the tube into a high angle position you should be fine. If you need more spring, I would suggest you used about 20 gauge wire and wrap it around a stick about the right size and create your own spring.

The equalibrator springs are fairly compressed unless the tube is raised to a high angle position.

Rounds Complete!!
 _GOTOTOP