_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
First Images: Trumpeter's New Loco
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 12:09 AM UTC
The News report on Trumpeter's future release of a German WR360 C12 Locomotive, has just been completely updated with images of the actual model. The New Photo-report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

H_Ackermans
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 2,229 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 12:22 AM UTC
Wow bit of huge knock out marks on the cab interior but nothing bad.

I can imagine some huge PE-sets coming.

As for the kit, it looks fittingly sturdy and boxy as any diesel locomotive does, huge engine coupled with a dwarfed crew cabin. Should make a very interesting combo with the Leopold and Karl mortars on rails.
RAM-G
Visit this Community
Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
KitMaker: 84 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 01:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As for the kit, it looks fittingly sturdy and boxy as any diesel locomotive does, huge engine coupled with a dwarfed crew cabin. Should make a very interesting combo with the Leopold and Karl mortars on rails.

But there is a small problem: C12 never pulled any Leopold, nor Karls. There were only 10 C12 build.
7 of them where used in "Munitionsanstalten" and the other 3 in Depots.

The C14 which was used to pull for example K5s was 35cm longer.

An btw the example above is painted in the wrong way. With red wheels the body has to be in RAL 6007 ("Flaschengrün"), Later the locos where painted RAL 7021 and even later some where repainted RAL 7028. Both schemes where overall, including wheels.

(From: "Die Diesellokomotiven der Wehrmacht" by Stefan Lauscher. I don't know if there is an english version of this book availible)
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Armorama: 712 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 01:12 PM UTC
Well I am going to use artistic licence and hook up my Leopold. My BR52 will be towing some of the new gondolas and flatbeds soon hopefully! :-)
 _GOTOTOP