Hosted by Darren Baker
Resin Dragons Teeth Tank Obstacles - advice
taylgr
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 127 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 06:13 PM UTC
Yay, have just got my LHS to agree to display some of my resin bits and pieces at the front counter.

Now a question for any of you Aussie modellers out there - what do you think is a fair amount of these obstacles to be in a saleable lot/pack? - I know how many other manufactures (Verlinden etc) sell in their packs - but the question is how many would YOU like to see in a pack - 6,8,10,12?

Is fewer better? Or is more?

These are just the Dragon's teeth so far -
I have also finished the Jersey kerb (highway barriers) plastic waterfilled and precast concrete, Standard OIF style precast concrete 2.5m high "blast wall", timber pallets, barbed wire rolls, Australian pattern plastic jerry cans.

I thought the best way to display them might be in a little vignette of three (two painted and one as the buyer would get them in the pack) - what'd you think?

Greg
jasmils
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,016 posts
Armorama: 745 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 06:40 PM UTC
Mate i would have to say start off with 6 in a pack. That way you get enough to do a small vignette for a couple of figures and if you want to do a larger dio then you could sell them in packs of 12. But to start again I would say 6.

Cheers Jason
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 06:57 PM UTC
Hey Greg they look good mate, and congrats on getting them shown. I agree that a small vignette would showcase them perfectly, and also having an unpainted one present to show the transition.
I agree with Jason that half a dozen would work, and then go from there
Brad
TicoTom
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 - 09:19 PM UTC
seems like a pretty good amount so far, maybe for that idea somehow you could possibly displace the dragons teeth, by changing the elevation of the angle. Ever so slightly, so that there not all perfectly straight , but not so much of an angle that makes them look like there leaning, however my suggestion is not a valid one of this is a roadway , or a some kind of farm road/main road. I f it is a more hilly or mountanous area though you might want to do that...cheers
marsiascout
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,247 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 - 10:23 PM UTC
Keep us updated. I'm interested in the modern barriers.

Lars
 _GOTOTOP