Bedfords and Boxes
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2008 - 05:53 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Not much done this week but building the HUW got me back on track with the trucks and I decided to try and get my Bedfords loaded up. These are 2 trucks I built some time ago but didn't have any suitable loads and in honesty just getting them built was an achievement.

For the Bedford QLD GS I have the following items for the load and have also finally gotten around to start making a driver and co driver for the truck

This will be the RQMS's truck with clothing and general stores plpus maybe a water trailor, it is the truck that will be loading onto the LCM3.

The 2nd vehicle that will be parked up is the Bedford QLD GS (Special) and will be the MT Sgt's Bedford and loaded with MT like things. The Special, should really be an ammo truck but........

the load

The decals finally on

I've rolled the tarp back here for the pic

but it will be like this when finished

Additional 'mechanical' items will join the load in the form of gas cylinders and general stuff form the old Italeri workshop kit.

Some other stuff I've been doing a little work on are the Accurate Amour crates which as you will see are VERY big lol, lol. These are for the goods wagons and general pier stuff. Still a long ways to go with these yet. The smaller lol, lol 3 styles open up and can be filled with stores and equipment!!!

In an ideal world I would have made the loads and driver at the time but, lack of cash, suitable loads and life got in the way.

Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 12:45 AM UTC
Well there was a bit response to this one

A bit form work on the QLD GS - Got a driver in eventually, a reasonable selection of stores, need a few shovles and picks, and the 2nd figure has advanced a bit. Need some work on the decals by the look of the pics and some more weathering on the fuel drum.

Sustained a minimal amount of damage, so far.

Al

harrier1
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 484 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 12:57 AM UTC
Hi Al
Nice looking bedfords, are they from Accurate Armour?
The loads look great aswell. it might be more 'realistic' if you had the MT truck towing the water trailer rather than the RQM's truck though as I think. Just my two pennies!! Keep up the good work. How much is left to do for the whole dio?? Nick
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 01:17 AM UTC
Hi Nick,

The cabs are from Accurate Armourn and the rest scratch built. I was wondering if there shouldn't be some taps on the back of the water trailer?

My understanding is that although this item is marketed as a fuel trailer it is in fact a water trailer!!

How much is left to do, mountains of work yet - but every little bit gets a bit more done!!

Cheers

Al
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 01:40 AM UTC
Alan, those loads look absolutley superb.. especially the MT Sgt's Bedford' load. It really is a pity to hide them under those covers.
This is going to be some diorama when it's finished.

Cheers
Henk
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 02:40 AM UTC
Hi Henk,

Thanks, I'm hoping to finish the GS today and get the remaining small bits done on the GS (special) over the next couple of days.

I know what you mean, I was going to roll the tarp back on the special, but it would look too much like the GS, so I've opted for an open end instead.

Cheers

Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 09:03 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

Well I think the Bedford QLD GS is finally done.

Not sure about adding the water trailer

Al
 _GOTOTOP