_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Slow typing?
Uruk-Hai
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 472 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 08:47 PM UTC
I dont know if its just me or my computer or the site?

But when typing messages, the letters show up on the screen in a delayed manner. As an example; I can write one whole sentence and lean back and wait for about 8 seconds for it to appear on the screen.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of this problem?
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 10:24 PM UTC
If it's not normal, the first thing I would do is reboot your machine. Clears out any cached memory, creates new connections etc.
I'd remove all the temporary internet files too, save any important links and URL's from your address list box into a favorite then clean your internet history.
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 153 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 10:50 PM UTC
I would have to agree with Slodder on that. Unless you are just typing to fast for the computer to keep up with you.. #:-)
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 679 posts
Armorama: 409 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 11:57 PM UTC
This might help as i had a problem with my pc thee other day....
if you go through your start menu, then select programmes, then accesories, then system tools and finally click on system restore.
What you will find is that it gives you a number of options, select restore my computer to an earlier time, this will bring up a calender, select a date when you know that your typing speed was ok then click next, (you will need to close any open files or programmes) when this is done your computer will reboot as it was that day which means that any programmes that you have added will be taken off, but you will still have all your saved favourites and files etc.
I dont know if this will work for you, it did for me.
I did this because my media player was lost after loading some programmes for my digital camera.
If you're still unsure, check your help files for system restore. Thats how i found it.
Hope this helps you
Uruk-Hai
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 472 posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 02:10 AM UTC
Hmm at least it seems to be normal when I log on from work.

Thanks for the tips guys. Ill do my best to clean my computer up.

Funny that Ive never had any troubles before and I dont have any troubles on other forums that I visit.
 _GOTOTOP