_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
1/35 Cromwell Cougar MRAP?
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 04:45 AM UTC
Hey all.

I've not heard much about Cromwell's release of the 1/35 Cougar MRAP lately. It was supposed to be released at Euro, but things have been pretty quiet.

Anyone have one or bought one?

How does it "look" in terms of accuracy and buildability? (I've seen some photos of the parts, but nothing since)

How much does it cost?

Where can I get one? (Cromwell doesn't even list it on their website)

awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 05:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey all.

I've not heard much about Cromwell's release of the 1/35 Cougar MRAP lately. It was supposed to be released at Euro, but things have been pretty quiet.

This is Cromwell we're talking about, Pat. "Released at Euro" doesn't mean it'll actually be available anytime soon, just that it theoretically became available at that point. This is a company that can take six months to send something that's listed as available and in stock.

Cromwell are the most frustrating company in existence, I think. Lots of great stuff, but it's downright hard work to get actual kits out of them. My father typically sends me a nice piece of resin for Christmas and my birthday, and he's got a list of Accurate Armour and Cromwell stuff I wouldn't mind having. Even though he lives in Scotland's Central Belt, everything I've received has been Accurate Armour. He's tried calling Cromwell but never had the phone answered, and even he then has to send a letter in the mail to them. By contrast he can go to AA's site, put it in his basket, and check out in about five minutes flat.

In short, Cromwell are one user-unfriendly company. I'm not dissing the quality of the merchandise at all - what I have managed to get over the years has all been very nice stuff - but I doubt I'll ever get that Covenanter kit they make that I've been after for years.

Cheers,

Al
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 - 06:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey all.

Anyone have one or bought one?

How does it "look" in terms of accuracy and buildability? (I've seen some photos of the parts, but nothing since)

Ah, this is where I had seen that post. In case you missed it in tne Armored AFV forum, here's a shot of a WIP, with a rearranged scratched interior. The dash included in the kit is spot on, I just wanted a different interior configuration, to include the FBCB2 and commo gear.

WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 02:12 PM UTC
Lookin' good Bravo!!
ScotsBrian
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 10:20 AM UTC
Hi Guys

The Cougars were available at Euro , I have two , I'm following Bravo's build on one one at the moment but I have another one unstarted , I was hoping I may be able to trade it for a Buffalo but I don't think the Buffalo has been out long enough for anyone to have a spare one . The kit is very good but has a generic interior as opposed to the JERRV version Bravo is doing (and I am now following his lead) .It does look a mean machine .

regards
Brian
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 - 02:10 AM UTC
You're probably correct that it is too soon for people to already want to give up a Buff.

Quoted Text

...I was hoping I may be able to trade it for a Buffalo but I don't think the Buffalo has been out long enough for anyone to have a spare one .

ScotsBrian
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 03:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You're probably correct that it is too soon for people to already want to give up a Buff.

Quoted Text

...I was hoping I may be able to trade it for a Buffalo but I don't think the Buffalo has been out long enough for anyone to have a spare one .

I think you are right , probably be better selling it and trying to buy a Buffalo elsewhere , open to offers on the Cougar

regards
Brian
Broonie
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 38 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 02:42 AM UTC
Al,
If you still wish to buy my products please let me have your fathers number and I will call him.
We do keep a phone log and have checked back over the last couple of months with no luck, maybe its been some time since he tried to call.
Anyway I will do my best to help you.
Gordon.
Broonie
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 38 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 02:47 AM UTC
Patrick,
Can you please get in touch as I have a Cougar with your name on it for review.
We have been in talks with Force Protection re our Cougar kit, pleased to say all looks ok for future production.
gordon.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 01:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Patrick,
Can you please get in touch as I have a Cougar with your name on it for review.
We have been in talks with Force Protection re our Cougar kit, pleased to say all looks ok for future production.
gordon.

Great to hear Gordon........get in touch when you can....thanks for all your hard work and perseverence.
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 03:46 PM UTC
Private Message (PM) via Armorama incoming Gordon. I won't use e-mail as it seems we've had comms probs.

Glad to hear about the agreement with FP too.
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 12:18 PM UTC
Thanks Gordon - when the time comes for him to order me something (I usually get something from him at Christmas and on my birthday) I'll let you know. Hopefully that should be pretty soon now (at least if he wants me to get it before Christmas).

Cheers,

Al
 _GOTOTOP