WESPE Models Question
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 07:20 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Has anyone built any of the WESPE Models kits. Just wondered what you though about quality, delivery etc.

They have some interesting trucks, I might try in the future.

Thanks

Al
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 07:59 AM UTC
Ola alan

At the IPMS nats last saturday I bought my first Wespe kit. I can;t say about delivery and such I can only comment on what I found in the box. I bought their Steyr 250. And compared to what you get from other companies I think the price is quite steep (I only bought it because it was 50% off the price). The kit itself is quite simple. Body is casted in one piece and that looks quite nice. Further there is another bag with the wheels, driveshaft, axle, some cover for over the back part, seats, some copperwire for additional details.
The details of some pieces is really minimal or complately nonexistent. On the Steyr 250 it is in some cases better to rebuilt some parts yourself. Things like the canvas doors which are on this model rolled up looks like nothing more then a cilinder with some minor fold and creases in it... Kinda like a metal rainpipe that has been dropped from a set of stairs and looks nothing like a rolled up canvas tarp. But overall I think it should end up as quite a decent kit.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 08:36 AM UTC
Hi Robert,

Many thanks for that. It's good you got it at 1/2 price but disappointing to hear the detail is so poor. I'll see is anyone else has additional thoughts and think on it for a while.

Thanks again.

Al
neil22
Visit this Community
Cotes-d`Armor, France
KitMaker: 292 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 08:51 AM UTC
hi
i built the wespe kit of montys caravan truck (the layland) a couple of years ago and i can only agree with what Faust has said. the kit went together well but the details where really basic and some parts where really quite thick. to be fair i have not built any other complete resin kit so i cant compair but they do lack detail.

neil
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 09:05 AM UTC
Thanks Neil.

Al
Shadowfax
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 389 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 12:06 PM UTC
I picked up the Diamond T Wrecker kit at AMPS this year. I was impressed with the packaging. All the parts appear to be trimmed, so there will be minimum cleanup. They are all secure to a cardboard carrier that has the part number on it - imagine that from your last resin build! I have not built the kit yet, so I can't comment on the detail. I usually add details to my plastic kits, so I imagine it will be the same for this kit. When I get the chance, I want to build their Mack NO and compare it to the ADV Azimut Mack NO kit.

At AMPS, the Wrecker was selling for $120 USD with a 20% discount. Even without that discount, $120 bucks isn't a bad price, compared to Acurate Armor or Cromwell prices (At least here in the States).
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2008 - 08:51 AM UTC
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Al
 _GOTOTOP