_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Real Model Canadian LAV III-TUA
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 01:25 PM UTC
Andreas Elesky provides an In-Box Review of Real Model's Canadian LAV III-TUA conversion set to be used with the AFV Stryker in 1/35 scale.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bulivyf
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2,450 posts
Armorama: 2,409 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 08:43 PM UTC
Andy,
my bolts no weak. You have on LAV III very big bolts.
Dimension bolts - 0.5 mm x 0.2 mm.
I agree that on right side missing in front parts some bolts. Next bolts no missing, but on this position modeler place PE parts.
I make off model with add-on armor because this is better for build and for finish.
I make off turret in this position because I have photos only with this position.
Decals? If i make of decals sheet with all stencil date and marking, many modeler tell me that model are expensive. Decals sheet is plus 10 - 15.-$ .
Miloslav
Tankleader
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 718 posts
Armorama: 684 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 09:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Andy,
my bolts no weak. You have on LAV III very big bolts.
Dimension bolts - 0.5 mm x 0.2 mm.
I agree that on right side missing in front parts some bolts. Next bolts no missing, but on this position modeler place PE parts.
I make off model with add-on armor because this is better for build and for finish.
I make off turret in this position because I have photos only with this position.
Decals? If i make of decals sheet with all stencil date and marking, many modeler tell me that model are expensive. Decals sheet is plus 10 - 15.-$ .
Miloslav

Miloslav,
Please don't take offense at the review, by weak I'm describing that the detail on some bolts is missing, you have the washer there but no bolt head. This could be a one off situation but it's what was there. Now, I have the luxury of having actual vehicles to crawl on and measure for references to what I build or say. I mentioned the decals because other's had brought this to my attention as well, is it a real drawback? not really if you have spare decals laying around in both French and English. Is the add on armour wrong for the kit, no since there is a vehicle that was actually fitted with the armor as a test and that the studs are in place to have it added. It also doesn't matter where the photo etch brackets and boxes go since they can be relocated to any positon on the vehicle that the crew wants them placed.

Tanks
Andy
bulivyf
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2,450 posts
Armorama: 2,409 posts
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 - 05:06 AM UTC
Andy
I do´t make off all new hull without add-on armor because this is very expensive master and for that reason expensive model. I make off this as type for battle situations.
Many stencil date no look under armor only on rear parts. For location position matter on stowage
boxes are sign on PE Parts.
Miloslav
 _GOTOTOP