_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Mouse House Staghound Upgrade
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 06:55 AM UTC
Mick Toal reviews the Australian Staghound Upgrade kit by Mouse House Enterprises, which includes a turret stowage bin and aerial mounts.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 11:36 PM UTC
Nice review of a simple but different update Mick.
BTW the Tamiya kit is just the Italeri kit packaged for the Japanese market with the addition of the crew from the Universal Carrier
Heatseeker64
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 307 posts
Armorama: 305 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 12:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice review of a simple but different update Mick.
BTW the Tamiya kit is just the Italeri kit packaged for the Japanese market with the addition of the crew from the Universal Carrier

Thanks for the response ... to quote from my review: "we have been blessed with not one but two fine Staghound kits from Italeri and Bronco Models and a re-box of the Italeri offering from Tamiya".

I was at a model show here in Sydney on the weekend and the Bronco Models Stag I am building is very visibly dimensionally different to the Italeri kit ... I have scoured the net and am yet to find a comparison review along with the kits measured up to a real vehicle, so that could be a future project ... .
Nylonathatep
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 58 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 01:50 AM UTC
"The instructions state the bin was "the same type as fitted to the Australian Cruiser tank Mk1 `Sentinal'", which may indeed be the case, however, some cursory internet research reveals that identical bins are fitted to surviving Staghounds in France, England and the United States, which indicates it is a standard, (possibly post war) T17E1 item."

The key there is "surviving vehicles", the ones you are looking at are all ex-Australian vehicles bought by overseas collectors and museums.

Unless you've seen period photos with the bin fitted?
 _GOTOTOP