_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
model point U.S.
dasmith
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 10:43 AM UTC
Hello,
Not sure if thiis the best place for this but felt i would give it a shot.
While looking into finding some upgrade parts for a BMP-1 that I am going to start I found their web site first question has anyone dealt with model point and what was your experiences? second there were 2 sets of road wheels for the BMP 1 from miniarm and 1 from modelart with a considerable price difference in the sets almost half what is the difference in these two sets if any one knows
Thanks
Derek
dasmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 01:34 PM UTC
Thanks , for the info and I realized my manufacture mistake soon after posting. Brain infarction. I was thinking of a BMP in the 1999 chechnya war so either set should work.
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 07:26 AM UTC
I have purchased many items from Dimitry @ Modelpoint. I have found his prices reasonable and service good. He has over the years added alot of lines to the shop but I have found that they don't get restocked as often as other shops. The Modelpoint stuff is always out of stock and some things are just impossible to get (T72 turrets, T-54 turret, ERA sets, T54 spares box......)
The Masterclub stuff for the BMP-1 is top notch - buy with confidence....

Chris
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 08:15 AM UTC
Not to hijack the thread, but are the previous issues folks were having the last year or so with Modelpoint US been resolved?

I ordered from them several times over the past few years and always got great service. But recently, I remember seening that folks were having problems getting orders filled and shipped in the last year.

Mike
05Sultan
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 10:06 AM UTC
I've ordered from them at least twice this year and had great service and pricing.
Highly reccomended
Cheers!
dasmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 - 01:07 PM UTC
Thanks all,
I appreciate the info and the time to respond ,I will be placing an order soon for some back ordered pieces.
Derek
 _GOTOTOP