_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
If you need it - I've got it!
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2002 - 02:09 PM UTC
I'm probably one of the luckiest guys on this board... i get paid to build dioramas. I have a nice studio, and a huge inventory of plaster and/or resin castings. If you ever need anything in 1:35th scale, like steets, sidewalks, bannisters, columns, fountains, walls, roofing, doors, etc. just drop me a line ([email protected]). If it is something I have in stock, prices usually run between $1 - $5 per piece (depending on size). If I don't have it in stock, I can pour a mold for almost anything you can show me a picture of - or even a drawing! Be glad to send you photos if you'd like to see some of my work...
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2002 - 02:13 PM UTC
Thanks for the offer, I'll keep you in mind.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2002 - 03:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm probably one of the luckiest guys on this board... i get paid to build dioramas. I have a nice studio, and a huge inventory of plaster and/or resin castings. If you ever need anything in 1:35th scale, like steets, sidewalks, bannisters, columns, fountains, walls, roofing, doors, etc. just drop me a line ([email protected]). If it is something I have in stock, prices usually run between $1 - $5 per piece (depending on size). If I don't have it in stock, I can pour a mold for almost anything you can show me a picture of - or even a drawing! Be glad to send you photos if you'd like to see some of my work...

Keith, I've seen couple of your dioramas and they look fantastic. Send the pics to Jim, I think we could all learn something from them... Do you have pics of your castings, too? That would be good to see also.
As for your generous offer.. I'll shure take it, if you could ship the stuff to Europe.

Mario M.

Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 05:55 PM UTC
You now offically have a customer! I'll be contacting you shortly for some cobble streets and side walks! I presume you are US based so any idea on shipping costs?
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 08:30 PM UTC
Do you have a website so we can see some of your work?
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 10:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

{b]I'm probably one of the luckiest guys on this board... i get paid to build dioramas. [/b]
O.K........already I'm jealous of the guys job...... I have a nice studio, and a huge inventory of plaster and/or resin castings. ..... And now I'm envious of his surroundings..... If you ever need anything in 1:35th scale, like steets, sidewalks, bannisters, columns, fountains, walls, roofing, doors, etc. just drop me a line ([email protected]). Ohhhhh, now he really redeemed himself!.... If it is something I have in stock, prices usually run between $1 - $5 per piece (depending on size). Plus, he's got great prices to boot!..... If I don't have it in stock, I can pour a mold for almost anything you can show me a picture of - or even a drawing! Ooops, back to the jealousy thing again, talented guy.... Be glad to send you photos if you'd like to see some of my work...

KFMagee,

Allow me to say a mighty warm welcome to Armorama.com! I'm glad you found the best armor site on the web. Your helpful and generous offer will be embraced here I'm sure. And the offer couldn't have been extended to a better bunch o' lads!
As the others have already said, I would love to see some pics of your stuff, your work, your studio, your girlfriend, your ...oops, ...sorry about that. How did that slip out No really, I think you're tapping a pretty good audience here at armorama. So if you've got a website, post it so we can all take a look.
Again, welcome to the site!

Tread.

P.S. Please forgive my reference to your girlfriend, I've been known to make lame attempts at humour here on armorama, sometimes it just leaks out when I lower my guard! :-)
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 02:00 PM UTC
Thanks guys -encouraging words.... I don't have an actual website set up -but guess I should. i normally just post my finished works on a few websites, but I guess the idea of pictures of the individual pieces I cast wouldn't hurt. Gimme a week or two, and I'll put something up. - Keith Magee ([email protected])
CARFACE
KitMaker: 128 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 03:01 PM UTC
Hi Keith and Welcome,
In a couple of months I should be starting a diorama of the Marines and thier struggle to retake Hue in the aftermath of Tet '68. I'll be needing quite a few of your custom castings. In the meantime, I'll gather some pics together and send them to you.
Welcome again and I look forward to "giving you the business"
Chuck
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2002 - 12:34 AM UTC
Web page is coming.... also will show a lot of my resin furniture samples as well. - KFMagee
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2002 - 01:33 AM UTC
KFMagee,
Do you make plans for stuff you build, like blueprints? I ask because for my first dio, I want a railroad bridge to be part of the terrain. I'd like to do it myself, I just didn't know how big to make everything.

YodaMan
Go Red Wings!!!
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 03:33 AM UTC
Yodaman- you asked if I make blueprints... the answer is yes and no! First, once the basic pieces are finished,I lay them out over and over again to find the best possible positioning...not exactly a blue print, but it is some forethought planning. As for things like a special structure, such as your bridge, i use a scale rule and create a skeleton using fibreboard (mattboard) or perhaps thin sheets of styrofoam. Once everything looks and "feels" right, I use the styrofoam as a master patter to build the actual unit. Bridges are a TON of fun- there are so many things you can do and ways you can design them. Stone bridges, brick, or even wooden bridges with iron railing supports are all common for the WWII timeframe.. really depends on your era and locale as to what is the best thing to pursue. Show me some pics when you are done! - Keith
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 03:33 AM UTC
Yodaman- you asked if I make blueprints... the answer is yes and no! First, once the basic pieces are finished,I lay them out over and over again to find the best possible positioning...not exactly a blue print, but it is some forethought planning. As for things like a special structure, such as your bridge, i use a scale rule and create a skeleton using fibreboard (mattboard) or perhaps thin sheets of styrofoam. Once everything looks and "feels" right, I use the styrofoam as a master patter to build the actual unit. Bridges are a TON of fun- there are so many things you can do and ways you can design them. Stone bridges, brick, or even wooden bridges with iron railing supports are all common for the WWII timeframe.. really depends on your era and locale as to what is the best thing to pursue. Show me some pics when you are done! - Keith
tazz3
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 62 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 07:34 AM UTC
I iam going to email you tomorrw i need some tips on my frost dio thanks tazz chris
tazz3
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 62 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 07:35 AM UTC
I iam going to email you tomorrw i need some tips on my frost dio thanks tazz chris
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 11:34 AM UTC
Oh... did I mention I've also started working on a line of decals? I was playing around with rank chevrons for US figures... came out great.... so there's another new way to burn some time. Let me know if there is anything you are looking for - i'm always looking for new things to add to the line.... Keith
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2002 - 05:30 AM UTC
Keith,

Did you ever made that website???
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2002 - 03:47 PM UTC
As was said in the movies---"We've got to sign this boy up!!!!!"
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 04:04 AM UTC
if i undestud well you have decals too? for models or dio? anyway i will send you a draw of something i want.
Dubanka
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 04:16 AM UTC
It sounds like a great cottage industry you have there. I (and I'm sure many others)really appreciate your offer, and especially the VERY reasonable prices. When I actually FINISH some of my models, I'll be sure to drop a line
John
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 05:32 AM UTC
could you note in here youe email adres?
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 10:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Web page is coming.... also will show a lot of my resin furniture samples as well. - KFMagee

We sure look forward to that, KF !
Jan
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 01:01 PM UTC
Vlady,

I do create decals, but mostly "one-offs" for a particular piece, like an add for a building or a sign in a window... I do some custom aircraft as well. The only thing I created that I keep "in stock" are decals of 1:35 rank insignia for German Wehrmacht, SS, and US Army soldiers. A sheet will include enough to do 12 soldiers, and I sell them for $8.00 per sheet (decal paper is VERY expensive!) Typically includes helment insignia as well, although I tend to vary that from printing to printing. Lemme know if you would like to see a photo.... just email me directly at [email protected]
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 528 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 04:42 PM UTC
If you have pictures of individual things you have done castings of, could you send some of them to me via e-mail? [email protected]
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 05:27 PM UTC
Matrix... I know I Know!.. I need to get a website up and running....

Still, I have SO MANY molds and castings... could you narrow down what you are looking for? Hate to send you 300 photos! Basically you could break it down this way:

- furniture
- road / sidewalk
- walls / fountains
- building ruins
- debris kits (a best seller - chunks of wall, buildings, etc.)
- bridges / retainers

I have a lot of other miscellaneous stuff, so if there is something you are looking for I didn't mention (bathtub, toilets, tree stumps, etc.) just drop me a line.
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 05:32 PM UTC
What do your debris kits include?

Patrick
 _GOTOTOP