Hosted by Darren Baker
Another Stey RSO
whiterook
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 06:11 AM UTC
I'm done building my Steyr RSO but it didn't come with a rear tarp.How do I scrach build one and also make tie down ropes for it?

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 06:49 AM UTC
You could try white glue and water over tissue paper. You would probably have to add the rope tie downs (thread) before you put it on the model and soaked it. That way you could gently "tie" the cover to bed and get realistic creases. Did that make any sense?
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 06:56 AM UTC
Try face tissue cut to size wet it then drape over the tarp supports try to shape it while still wet leave on the vehicle to dry then coat with white glue paint it when dry.For rope I usually use heavy white sewing cotton paint it then put on vehicle. hope this helps.
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 07:03 AM UTC
Be sure no to use toilet tissue. This type tissue dissolves in water. Use a "Kleenex" type tissue for tarps, bedrolls, etc.

Patrick
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 07:04 AM UTC
I'm with these guys. I used facial tissue, seem like the Italeri kit came with a rigging. Roll a string in the tissue as you apply the diluted white glue. Let dry then paint. Looks so much better than the kit plastic cover.
Enjoy
djj
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 09:04 PM UTC
warriors make a nice looking resin tarp cover, it also comes with a cover for the cab of the wooden cab version but its expensive, £20 in britain!
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 09:11 PM UTC
Ola Whiterook

You could do some testing with this transparent kitchen foil (the one to preserve food leftovers) You can cut it easily, paint easily, form easily and it looks simply good

panzerseba
Visit this Community
Vrancea, Romania
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 07:04 PM UTC
i tried tissue paper but i was not satisfied with thw result so i used cotton tissue.
is a little bit dificult to work with it but look more natural
the ropes you can make from cotton or cooper wire (i did this)
I use those on a Italieri Mercedes
Redleg1-7FA
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2003 - 04:44 AM UTC
I have a few rso's the one is the ammo carrier with the rack for a tarp. I've just ripped apart my first aid pouch from my web gear so I can get to the OD bandage, so far I think it'll work, I just haven't got to much further than that though, as I am working on multiple projects at the same time.

my plan is this:
take the bandage and wash the heck out of it so it's really soft ( maybe use some fabrick softner on it? ) then once it's soft enough to drape over the frame of the RSO, take an old paint gun and spray it up with liquid contacta from revell. I'm thinking this is going to do the trick? Then maybe some paint and some weathering?
hope my idea helps?
 _GOTOTOP