_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Merkava IIID Question
Panzerfan
Visit this Community
Mexico
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 62 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 06:56 AM UTC
Hello!!

I'm working right now on a Merkava IIID (Academy kit plus Legend convertion set) but I have the following doubt:

Legends convertion supplies the upper hull to replace the Academy one, but mine it's a little warped and difficult to fit in academy's lower hull. As long as I can see, the Legends upper plate is nearly the same as the Academy one, with only little differences (Eg. the bolts on the engine hatch)

My question is:

Will be accurate my model if I only use the turret of the Legends kit and keep the upper deck of the Academy one? In that case, I'll put the bolts on the engine deck on Academy hull.

Let's hope someone can help me.

Best regards.

bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 08:23 AM UTC
Why don't you try to reshape the upper hull with a hairdryer or hot water ? It's not that hard in fact.
If you really fear to spoil the resin hull go with your solution and cut off the bolts but in my opinion after having spent some well earned money on this upgrading set, I'll personnally use it.

Olivier
antoniop
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 351 posts
Armorama: 319 posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 12:18 AM UTC
I had the exact same problem. But it's not the only one with the upper deck. The size is also a bit off.

Have a look here http://www.pirespreto.com/?paged=3
Panzerfan
Visit this Community
Mexico
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 62 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 06:42 AM UTC
Thank for the response. I want to konw if you can tell me how do you fix the domentional problem.

I saw your excellent site, your hull looks beautiful, but I can't see how it was corrected.

If you can send me more pictures (at least the hull being fixed) I'll be very congratulate.

Please keep in touch. This is my e-mail (please note that I'm live in Mexico, so maybe you won't find me on line in the MSN, but I'll accept you, don't worry)

[email protected]

Best regards.
 _GOTOTOP