_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Ed's Angel
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 12:40 PM UTC
Here is a new commission I am building for another good friend. Ed was the gunner on Satans Li'l Angel from 1969 to 1970 while assigned to the 669th Trans Company.

pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 12:52 PM UTC
Looking great Dave, its really cool that you do this for the guys that served on them.
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 01:08 PM UTC
Thanks Keenan, I really like to build them for the crews. We have all become very good friends through the years. By the way this one is being built with the help of Milo of Real Models. I got some of his cab conversion and wheel sets. They are very good reproductions and it cuts down on my build times. I plan on using his products from now on.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 06:51 PM UTC
Hello Dave It's great to see your building what you do so well. She looks great and Ed will be proud.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
pascalbausset
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Armorama: 1,379 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 08:04 PM UTC
Great job Dave!!!

My Lil Angel is also in the way. Take a look on your private message box

TIA

pascal
dobon68
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 329 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 10:47 PM UTC
Really looking nice Dave, can't wait to see this Li'l Angel painted.
Does the radio and antenna mount come with the conversion kit from Real Models or somewhere else?
Keep up the good work.
David
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 05:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Really looking nice Dave, can't wait to see this Li'l Angel painted.
Does the radio and antenna mount come with the conversion kit from Real Models or somewhere else?
Keep up the good work.
David

First off, thanks for the nice comment. The radio and antenna mount are from my castings of the parts from the Academy M 151a1 kit. The items that come from the real models conversion is the cab. The wheels are the real models 5 ton set, which I like because they give you the option of using the civilian tread front steer wheels, and the multi directional ones as well.

Thanks Joe!!

Pascal, I will e-mail you some of the photos that I have of the interior of the gun box. The gun box was a single wall and later a double wall set up. I am building the single wall version as it was when Ed served on it.
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 05:46 AM UTC
Nice build Dave
As usual, really cool subject
Cheers
Seb
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 01:24 PM UTC
Thanks Seb. I do think that this one has broken my slump finally. I have to admit that I am enjoying this build a lot.
pascalbausset
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 05:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Seb. I do think that this one has broken my slump finally. I have to admit that I am enjoying this build a lot.

Thanks Dave, I' am very happy to see you again in our modelling world.

My project is to build tje Real Model kit. Its the simple wall version.
The box and truck are assembled ,
The rear box outside is painted and decals in place. I'll put pics later this day.
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 02:38 AM UTC
Looking forward to seeing the pics.
dobon68
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 03:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

First off, thanks for the nice comment. The radio and antenna mount are from my castings of the parts from the Academy M 151a1 kit. The items that come from the real models conversion is the cab. The wheels are the real models 5 ton set, which I like because they give you the option of using the civilian tread front steer wheels, and the multi directional ones as well.

Thanks for the info Dave, I guess casting is one of those things I might have to start looking into if I want to keep building the unusual stuff that doesn't come in kit form (anything not WWII or Iraq/Afganistan or so it seems at the moment (rant over))
Cheers
David
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 07:42 AM UTC
[/quote]Thanks for the info Dave, I guess casting is one of those things I might have to start looking into if I want to keep building the unusual stuff that doesn't come in kit form (anything not WWII or Iraq/Afghanistan or so it seems at the moment (rant over))
Cheers
David[/quote]

Casting is not that hard to do. I have been using Smooth-On products for years and have had great results with them. Single castings are very easy. The two part molds are a little harder to do, but not that bad. They sell starter kits with instructions to get you started.

http://www.smooth-on.com/

animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 08:04 AM UTC
I got the base paint on and now on to the graphics.

mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 - 05:44 PM UTC
A lady in black...she looks great Dave. What decals are you using, home made or is there an aftermarket set.

I too have been building, I've been scratching my parts.

Fender...

Looking forward to your next progress posting.

Joe
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 09:44 AM UTC
Thanks Joe. This time I am going to use a set of decals from Real Models. Milo threw in a set in my last order. They look good.. It will be a lot easier for me if they work out. I will be using them tonight.
bulivyf
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2,450 posts
Armorama: 2,409 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 11:39 AM UTC
Hello all.
I plan add this month to my shop only decals set for Black Widow and Satans Li´l Angels and next for future.
Miloslav
bulivyf
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2,450 posts
Armorama: 2,409 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 11:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Joe. This time I am going to use a set of decals from Real Models. Milo threw in a set in my last order. They look good.. It will be a lot easier for me if they work out. I will be using them tonight.

Dave,
Very nice build.
Miloslav
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 01:31 PM UTC
Dave,
Are the decals water slide or dry tranfers. I may have to look into those myself. Again it's great to see you building.

Joe
dobon68
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 11:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Casting is not that hard to do. I have been using Smooth-On products for years and have had great results with them. Single castings are very easy. The two part molds are a little harder to do, but not that bad. They sell starter kits with instructions to get you started.http://www.smooth-on.com/

Dave, once again thanks for the info, I might look to see if I can get a starter kit in the UK and have a go.
Hope your Li'l Angel is coming on well, My Sopwith Camel is almost done I'll post pohots when I've finished, the overall colour of mine is too light but I had added all the decals before I found out so it will have to stay as it is.
Cheers
David
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 03:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave,
Are the decals water slide or dry transfers. I may have to look into those myself. Again it's great to see you building.

Joe

Joe they are water slide. They replicate the angel dead on...
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 03:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Casting is not that hard to do. I have been using Smooth-On products for years and have had great results with them. Single castings are very easy. The two part molds are a little harder to do, but not that bad. They sell starter kits with instructions to get you started.http://www.smooth-on.com/

Dave, once again thanks for the info, I might look to see if I can get a starter kit in the UK and have a go.
Hope your Li'l Angel is coming on well, My Sopwith Camel is almost done I'll post photos when I've finished, the overall color of mine is too light but I had added all the decals before I found out so it will have to stay as it is.
Cheers
David

What we did in Nam was to repaint our truck in the dark green with about 40% black added. For our non gun trucks we use to rub down our green trucks with old motor oil or diesel fuel and this tends to darken the paint.
Removed by original poster on 11/17/08 - 18:11:40 (GMT).
pascalbausset
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 - 06:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hope your Li'l Angel is coming on well, My Sopwith Camel is almost done I'll post pohots when I've finished, the overall colour of mine is too light but I had added all the decals before I found out so it will have to stay as it is.
Cheers
David

Thanks Dave, I' ve take a look on this online shop.What are the products you are using ?
Are this products very dangerous like the synthetic bi composants resins ?

TIA

Here pics from my 2 other gun trucks :

_GOTOTOP