_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiya LRDG truck -Replacement wheels?
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 07:47 AM UTC
I was in my local LHS today buying some Hornet heads and spotted the Tamiya LRDG Chevy truck on the shelf.

Paul- the owner, said "What is it with that kit? You're about the 100th person to take it down"
I told him that the kit goes for big bucks on Ebay and he told me the bad news- there were a lot of missing parts- the wheels, the chassis, the springs, the stowage and most of the framework.

He then said I could have the kit and refused to take any money. Nice - or what?

I'm not bothered about the stowage but are there resin replacement wheels for the kit?
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 08:08 AM UTC
Hi Pat,

Tank Workshop do a set TWS 00088, you get 4 wheels and 2 spare tyres.

Eduard also have a PE set 53 251 and then there are all those new figures from New World Minitures

I have this in the pending build pile and I'm looking forward very much to getting around to building it (them )

Cheers

Al
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 09:13 AM UTC
Thanks Alan and for the link to Kingkit as well. Do you know if the 30cwt shared a chassis with any other truck? Are there bits I could use from any other kit for the springs and chassis? The Italeri Chevy Gun Tractor?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 09:59 AM UTC
Pat I have the kit built I will check it against some of the other trucks I have and let you know by end of play on thursday
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 10:06 AM UTC
You could make the kit as a truck that is stuck in the sand, with the crew preparing to dig it out. (Belly touching the ground.) That might help hide a lot of the missing parts.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 10:31 AM UTC
Hi Pat,

I don't recell having seem a similar chassis. I could post a chassis to you and you could build you're own from the measurements and send it back to me. I've had the kits for ages but won't be starting to build them for a while.

BTW I'm going to invest in a scanner at the weekend as I can't seem to get hold of my contact in the college and haven't had the time to get down there, so that will take care of the other request.

Cheers

Al
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 10:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You could make the kit as a truck that is stuck in the sand, with the crew preparing to dig it out. (Belly touching the ground.) That might help hide a lot of the missing parts.

Marc
You know I thought about that but I've ordered a set of wheels- From Armo- so I think I'll try to McGyver some kind of chassis up with Darren and Alan's help.

Darren
That'd be great thanks

Alan
I just might take you up on that offer, but let me see if I can borrow one nearer to home first.
BTW Hope you're not buying a scanner just on my account
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 11:04 AM UTC
Hi Pat,

No worries, if you need an example just let me know. The scanner I've been thinking about for sometime, might just make life a bit more simple

Al
 _GOTOTOP