_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
M-18 Hellcat Reference
cheetah
Visit this Community
South Africa
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 05:54 AM UTC
Does anybody have good reference photos for a Hellcat. Especially that of the turret interior?

Or does anybody know where I can found a good aftermarket product to update a AFV Hellcat M-18?

Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 06:20 AM UTC
The only detail set I know of specifically for the AFV kit is from Eduard - kit # 35281 M-18 Hellcat Detail Set, I don't know how much of the turret interior is covered.
The other set(s) is from Verlinden - made for the Academy: kit # 1512 interior, and kit # 1516 exterior. While they're made for the Academy M18, it is noted by Terry Ashley that both of the Verlinden kits are equally useful for the AFV M18. Here's his (Terry Ashley's) review:

http://pmms.webace.com.au/reviews/vehicles/v1512.htm

And go here for the M18's interior reference pics:

http://www.kithobbyist.com/AFVInteriors/m18/m18.html

Let us know how it goes.
cheetah
Visit this Community
South Africa
KitMaker: 22 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 06:48 AM UTC
Kencelot,

Thanks for the link. The detail on the AFV club M-18 is pretty good and I think that the VP set will put me back a couple. About the AFV interiors link: this link inspired me to further update my Hellcat.

The only things I need to scratchbuild that I do not know where to start with, it is the telescope assembly that is attached to the gun breech.

Other than a couple of storage compartments in the top part of the turret, levers and rudimentary wiring, I will be finished.

WimVink
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 14 posts
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2002 - 03:42 AM UTC
I have a Hellcat Technical Manual.
Just let me know by email if you are interested in a copy and I'll give you all the datails.
By the way, I have 260+ TM's :-)

Wim Vink
[email protected]

MIL-MOD the US Army Modeling Site with 5 Newsgroups:
www.mil-mod.nl
 _GOTOTOP