Cast48,brick wall vignette.
Tomascastano
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 143 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 04:52 AM UTC
Gents,

Enclose some pics of the of the Cast48 diorama accessories used in a little scene.Cheers.

Tom

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 05:03 AM UTC
Tomas, i'm going to be running a FULL News Report on these in the next couple of days. Any word of a Website yet?
Tomascastano
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 05:17 AM UTC
Hi Jim,

Thanks,my son David its working on it,but I dont know yet when she is operative.I will contact you of line.The last news that I got is for the middle of the next month .
Do you need any samples?

Tom
baker24
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 27 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 06:50 AM UTC
I like the castings, but for me, I'd rather do the wall as stonework rather than brick. The "bricks" are very rough and could just as easily work for limestone or light granite stone. Since I am doing a lot of modeling in the Italian campaign, the stone approach would work better for me since so many Italian towns and roads had stone walls rather than traditional red fired brick. Very nice.
Tomascastano
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2008 - 09:53 PM UTC
Hola Bruce,

Thanks, for the comments and suggestions.About the italian wall with roof tiles,this is one of the next releases,will be avaliable at the end of this month.

Tomas
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2008 - 11:08 PM UTC
I like the way you took a one piece wall and with one cut converted it to a corner piece.
I think it looks good for 1/48th. Once a figure is put in place this will really pop.
My one question is the color of the barrel, were there red and white barrels during WWII?
Tomascastano
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 10:24 AM UTC
Hola Scott,

Thanks for your kind coments,

Yes,I try to optimized the pieces for create this little scene.In this case preffering a small "scenario",with the original wall piece, about,10cmx5cms high is too large,I must considered to put any tank or vehicle,but in this moment its too work for me!.Too much time!.Its only an exercise after years out of the paint discipline.

About the colours of the oil barrel,sincerely, I not remember,where I see it ( obviously in a colour photo ),but I think that red and white colours must be used in signal traffic roads and warning signals.I think,maybe like a stop or caution custom signal.

Anyway,if some one can help us in this question always are welcomed
Maybe,the right question will be ..,Whats the colours of the oil barrels of the diverses petroleum companies in the 20-40 decades?. An rare question..,?
 _GOTOTOP