_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
first resin figure
steve203
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 12:37 PM UTC
Looks good so far, I know that some modelers paint the face first. The camouflage job looks good.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 01:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks good so far, I know that some modelers paint the face first. The camouflage job looks good.

I think this would be that most figure painters, paint the face first. To paint faces well, it takes a combination of washes, feathering and different shades, and is probably the hardest part of the figure to get right. So any spill overs onto the already painted uniform might mess up what you have already done!
On Missing Links there are some excellent articles on figure painting, both faces and camo uniforms, where you will get much better advice than what I can give you.

The figure looks good so far. I think it will take the contasting colours of the boots, gloves and face to bring this camo job to life. then the quality of it will shine through.
There seems to be a very heavy wash on the jacket front, but not elsewhere. Is there any reason for this? I think it may be better if the wash was continued over the whole garment and also the trousers to bring it all together and define the detail better.
The figure itself looks really good. A local supplier carries these and I have been admiring their quality for sometime. Hopefully it all goes well for you! Good luck!
 _GOTOTOP