Wargaming 251D wips
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,049 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 - 09:35 PM UTC
Hi all,

Thought I'd committ all the cardinal sins in one posting, excessive wear, mythical chipping, micky mouse paint schemes and wargaming

I wouldnt normally post this but theres not a lot of 48th posting going on here at the moment apart from industry news - so com'n guys someone must be building 48th?!!!

Anyway the 251s are resin and pretty basic, being aimed and the gaming mkt. The hulls are 2 piece, tracks one casting etc etc. Track detail is pretty naff and some of the detail is missing and simplified but they should still look ok on the table I think.

The Brit stuff is all Tamiya and mostly OOB. Plates were added to seal off the dreaded Tamiya sponson gaps, stowage is a mix of MR / Tamiya and spares box. The M10 is a pretty basic conversion to give a impression of an Achilles and wont hold up to close scrutiny ........

Anyway, should have em all finsihed later this week.

cheers
Brent

bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 967 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 02:18 AM UTC
Nothing wrong with that lot. Must look great on the table top. 1/48 wargaming, must be a grand game. What is it section/platoon level? love to see some of your figs, really intrigueing. Would love to know more, cheers Geraint
UncaBret
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 767 posts
Armorama: 672 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 03:58 AM UTC
Look good! What rules do you use?

(I'm building, just haven't managed to finish anything for a while)
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,049 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 11:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nothing wrong with that lot. Must look great on the table top. 1/48 wargaming, must be a grand game. What is it section/platoon level? love to see some of your figs, really intrigueing. Would love to know more, cheers Geraint

Hi matey, typically its platoon sized although I've played bigger games as we have access to 3 6x4 tables. I've attached a few pics of some of our troops, embarressingly the Brits arent finished yet with the basing still to go, they're still on there painting bases ....... At present were using 28mm troops although hope to swap to 1/48th once a few more options become available.

Quoted Text

Look good! What rules do you use?
(I'm building, just haven't managed to finish anything for a while)

The guys I usually play against use Arc-of-Fire although I prefer to use my own rule set when I can. And I know how hard it is to finish stuff ......!!!!!
 _GOTOTOP