_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
ITALERI sWS FRIULMODEL Track
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 12:25 AM UTC
Salt6 - those look nice! I think they're worth the time and effort. Did you leave a loose pin to remove them for painting - or are you going to paint them attached to the chassis?

Gunnie
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 03:52 AM UTC
Those Fruil's look excellent Salt6. I first got the idea of using Fruil's from Chris "Panzer" Mrosko's book. If you're not aware of it, it's called 'Panzer Tactics' by Letterman Productions. In it he also detail's how he uses Rail Weathering Solution from Micro Engineering Company (available from most RR hobby stores) to 'weather down' the tracks in one easy step.
Good article. The tracks he does look very nice IMHO.

Checked out your site a bit too. Loved that P-38Z, was it? My father used to fly P-38's in WWII, over Germany with the 8th Air Force. So the 38 was a treat. Doubt if he ever saw one of those though!

Tread.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 04:08 AM UTC
Man, I love those tracks Steve!!! :-)
If they weren't so darned expensive I'd replace all my tank's tracks with them! Although I'm certanly considering getting a set for the M10 & M18...and M4.
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 649 posts
Armorama: 379 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 10:43 AM UTC
Salt6,
As far as I am concerned using Fruil tracks on the sWs is the only way to go. The kit tracks just don't look right. I used Fruil on mine and it makes the model.
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 10:29 AM UTC
Wow, the tracks look pretty good. Where can I find out more about them? (what models tracks are made for, price, availibility, etc.)
Which model is that? It looks similar to one I've got, but it's obviously not the same one.

YodaMan
Does a halftrack, uh, .........(insert your own funny joke here, I can't think of one)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2002 - 07:44 AM UTC
Great models sells them

http://www.greatmodels.com/

They are very good tracks I got me a set for the King Tiger.
 _GOTOTOP