Hosted by Darren Baker
Hummer W.I.P.
nkawtg
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 02:42 AM UTC
I started this kit yesterday and this is as far as I got with it. I have a TON of weathering and detailing to do to this and I will most likely put it in my first military diorama. I will need figures for it though and the only ones I can find are tank crew figures so far. I would like 4 or 5 figures as I plan on making this an Operation Desert Storm dio. Not sure what else is going to go in it, but that's my basic idea.

Thoughts, input and ideas are more than welcome! In fact, I would love to hear some input on this kit and the progress made so far.

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 03:15 AM UTC
Looks like a good, clean build so far. You might want to replace the tires with AM resin ones. Italeri's tires suck, the tread pattern is totally off.

For good ODS-era figures, look for ome of the Dragon ones from that era. They come 4 to a box as well, so just what you are looking for.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 05:32 AM UTC
That's good progress for 1 day...I presume the top is not stuck on yet so you can detail the inside?
It is a rather plain version and when you incude the imitation transparent plastic side and rear windows there is not much visibility to the interior. If you can, load the interior with loads of gear etc and try building it into a diorama with doors open....
I have this version which I did a few years ago....now I'm tempted to take the top off, get Calibre's open frame (sorry, can't find link now, but I will) and re-do it.

Good Luck, and keep posting pics.....I love Humvees
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 05:51 AM UTC
Looks good so far, I will be watching your progress.
cyclones6
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,199 posts
Armorama: 821 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 12:30 PM UTC
Looking good
I have built some of Italeri's humvees and they are very cheap and extremely quick to build
Almost too quick!!!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 12:56 PM UTC
Looks like you have a nice start there. I liked that kit when it first came out - except for the Tires like Gino pointed out above. Though newer and nicer HMMWV's have come along, I still have one of these in my collection.
 _GOTOTOP