_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
Trucks 'N' Tracks 2009
Jimmie
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 10:26 PM UTC
Hi All,

In February we have the regular show of Trucks 'N' Tracks at the Leas Cliff Hall in Folkestone on 28th February/1st March.

As per last year the organiser trevor Claringbold has given MAFVA its own area in the Channel Suite (Next to the bar....), known to regulars as the "MAFVA Zone".

Already we have several MAFVA branches signed up to put on a display of models, demonstrations and other displays. If your branch wants to get involved contact Trevor via his website http://www.trucksntracks.com/ , and CC me in so I know who will be there.

This is an ideal opportunity for the Mafiosi to gather in one place and chat, discuss trends in the hobby and within MAFVA. That is of course after you've chased around the show spending your pocket money or melting your credit card!

El Presidente (Gary Williams) will be there to take your resubs and sell you the rapidly dwindling stocks of back issue of Tankette, an ideal opportunity as they will be on offer a Show Special prices (ie no postage!).
Gary has recently acquired some mislaid stock from 30 years ago, so this may be a last chance to complete your set of back issues. No doubt Gary would be happy for you to pre-order back issues for collection in Folkestone. Talk to him direct for this on : [email protected]

You will also be able to purchase the beautiful new MAFVA lapel badges for a mere £1.50, and we may have some other goodies on offer.

I will also be chasing around to confirm bookings for the MAFVA Nationals 2009 for both traders and branches/clubs. We are competely booked out at this moment in time with last years regulars and the people who had been on the waiting list. If you have not confirmed your booking (and this means payment for traders) by the end of Trucks 'N' Tracks, you may lose your place. The marquee is not elastic!

Any queries about Trucks 'N' Tracks contact Trevor, for the MAFVA Nationals (21st June at Duxford) contact me.

HTH

Paul Middleton
MAFVA Liaison Officer
 _GOTOTOP