_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
October DMoM Prize Arrived
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 02:43 AM UTC
I got back from my holidays, opened mail box and found few bills and aviso for package. I was totally suprised as I thought it would take several weeks to Dragon to send me a model.
Nothing else left me but to thank Dragon for sending me such a nice prize and for sponsoring DMoM here on Armorama, to thank Armorama for the Contest and again for your votes, mates.
THANK YOU ALL!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 05:03 AM UTC
Glad you got it safe and sound.
marsiascout
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,247 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 06:41 AM UTC
I've also got mine a week ago.

I was surprised too. I got a nice figure set. The rules say: The beginner class gets a model kit of an AFV. So I think it's better too change that. Or did Dragon made a mistake?

Lars
spitfire303
Visit this Community
Vendee, France
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,406 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 07:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've also got mine a week ago.

I was surprised too. I got a nice figure set. The rules say: The beginner class gets a model kit of an AFV. So I think it's better too change that. Or did Dragon made a mistake?

Lars

it's called budget restrictions LOL
whiteeagle
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 299 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 07:29 AM UTC
Hello

Lars, when I have won May DMoM in beginner class, I have received new figure set too(but according to rules, it should be an AFV kit).

But I was glad and I thank Armorama and Dragon too.

It's excellently when you get back exotic package from Hong Kong

Cheers
Adam
marsiascout
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,247 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 07:38 AM UTC
I'm happy too, and I'm not blaming any one. The kit is for free and people were busy to give you the kit.

Changing it would make it clearer I think.

Lars
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 08:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

What are the Prizes?

Group 2: Advanced Level 1st Prize - Entries are put into a distinct gallery and voted on by all members. The model selected as the top entry via popular vote in the Gallery wins a prize in the form of a latest or upcoming release vehicle kit from Dragon Models Ltd. Prior months winner ineligible to win/enter.

Group 2: Advanced Level 2nd Prize - Entries are put into a distinct gallery and voted on by all members. The model selected as the #2 entry via popular vote wins a prize in the form of a latest or upcoming release figures kit from Dragon Models Ltd. Prior months winner ineligible to win/enter.

Group 1: Intro Level 1st Prize - Entries are put into a distinct gallery and voted on by all members. The model selected as the top entry via popular vote in the Gallery wins a prize in the from of a latest or upcoming release vehicle kit from Dragon Models Ltd. Prior months winner ineligible to win/enter.

Hi Lars ... Yes you are correct according to the latest version of the written rules.
But I always was of the opinion that beginners (or old third place) was a figure set. Advanced-first got an upcoming release and advanced-second got an already available AFV. I could almost bet money on this was how it used to be.
Its best if Henk or those involved in the competition answer this, and correct the rules or change the order to Dragon.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 - 08:17 AM UTC
Yes Frank I believe you are correct and this is a cock up by ourselves when writing it up, I will get it sorted ASAP.
Henk
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 12:37 PM UTC
I was just contacted by Dragon about this (see, they read the forums, and take note... ), and they would like to clarify the position, as they would not like to dissapoint anybody.

The confusion has arisen, when we had to change from a first and second for the Advanced class and a First for the Beginner class, to three for the Advanced class, when there were no entries for the beginner class... I will sort this out with Dragon, and also with the competition rules. At this moment I consider dropping the beginners class altogether, going for a single class for the DMoM competition, and perhaps do something different (separate) for the Beginners.

Cheers
Henk
 _GOTOTOP