_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
SA-10 Grumble interior color?
V2Phantom
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 288 posts
Armorama: 92 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2008 - 04:29 AM UTC
Hi! I am starting to work on the 1/72 PST kit of the SA-10 Grumble air defense system. As I mostly model aircraft, I thought this would stretch my modeling horizon. I have run into a small problem early on. Would anyone know the color of the interior of the cab for the Grumble when used by Russian forces? I went through a search on the web, and the best thing (other than in shadow) is one photo of a Czech SA-10 which partly shows a sliver of interior cab. Interestingly, this appears to be the strange blue/green that is used for many Russian jet cockpits. What would the typical colors be for the interior cabs of modern Russian vehicles? The instructions list the interior as black, but I would not want to rely on their recomendation. Thanks for your comments!

Have fun modeling and Happy Holidays!

Mike

Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2008 - 07:37 AM UTC
Best bet would be to look at the interior colors of the SCUD-B...sorry, I cannot post any photos right now.

Also, leave notes on how you are doing with the build progress. I have one of these kits in my stash waiting to be built as well.

V2Phantom
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 288 posts
Armorama: 92 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2008 - 01:43 PM UTC
Thanks, that is a great suggestion! I had not thought of looking for a contemporary of the Grumble to get an idea on the interior color scheme. I suspect that I should be able to find more photos of a Scud than a Grumble!

As I progress, I will post comments on building the kit.
Have fun modeling!
Mike

Quoted Text

Best bet would be to look at the interior colors of the SCUD-B...sorry, I cannot post any photos right now.

Also, leave notes on how you are doing with the build progress. I have one of these kits in my stash waiting to be built as well.

_GOTOTOP