_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
search
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 04:04 AM UTC
jim, i have an idea. i have a lot, but this is a good one. well, today i has looking for an older post of mine and i couldn't find it. so what about a ....... don't know how to call it..... something from where we can search for older posts we need. what do u say about this?
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 04:07 AM UTC
Vlady,

You can search the forums. Hit the "search" button under this post, just to the right of the "latest post" button... I am not sure if that is what you are after or not. Anywho, HTH.

Shaun
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 04:54 AM UTC
Vlady exactly what I wanted to post bfore the server here at the office made the ultimate crash of death...

In the morning I tried to look up some old posts because I needed some information and The only thing I got was a thread where I posted in but not what I was looking for. When I tried other searches from what i knew that I would find something the Search option gave me the line that the searched stuff was not found.. So for my idea the search forum is (or was) not working correct

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 08:13 PM UTC
Vlady,
There are 2 search indexes for this site. The one on the left that says "Search this Site" is done by a company called FreeFind and it does NOT index the entire site. So the internal search function that Keenan mentioned it definately the way to go. All forum posts are included in that search (but you may need to get really specific to find something).

Thanks,
Jim
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 03:24 AM UTC
k, well, i have just tried to search for the word "explosion" and......... nothing. the problem is that a post with this name is in the "latest posts"
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 03:31 AM UTC
Vlady,
So are you looking for this post or other posts with the word "explosion"? If you are lookinf for that post just select the "title" only function about the submit button and you will get only that post. Otherwise you get 6+ pages of results.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP